jstinehelfer
jstinehelfer, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  A+ Comptia Certified computer repair 2 years Apple Tech Support
63323962

I have a Macbook pro with snow leopard. Chrome is updated.

I have a Macbook pro with snow leopard. Chrome is updated. I often need to embed utube videos on a forum (Nabble) -Borderland Beat - it comes up blank every time. When I embed with firefox or Safari on the same Nabble site I can do it appropriately. Seeing Chrome is the browser that I prefer to use, it is really inconvenient to have to cut and paste everything in a new forum window opened in firefox just embedding videos on Borderland Beat. Suggestions please, please, please.

jstinehelfer :

Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am an expert with JustAnswer.com. Thank you so much for using our services. Hopefully we can resolve your problem together. I am sorry your having trouble today and understand your frustration.

jstinehelfer :

Please look at the following link and see if any of these suggestions help you with your problem

jstinehelfer :

Let me know if this works for you.

Customer:

I've already done all that before and it didn't work. Any other ideas?

jstinehelfer, Mac Support Specialist
Experience: A+ Comptia Certified computer repair 2 years Apple Tech Support
Hello. The latest version of Google Chrome is not supported in Snow Leopard. Have you tried this on a Mac running Lion/Mountain Lion?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Well, you did answer quickly but it didn't work and I'm not yet satisfied because I had already adjusted the cookies in my chrome settings.
It didn't work on OS Lion/Mountain Lion, or in your current setup?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No, I have no access to OS Lion/mountain lion. Are you saying that this is just impossible because I have snow leopard? Is that right?
Correct. You can upgrade to OS Mountain Lion for $19.99 via the App Store, as long as you have performed your updates in Snow Leopard to 10.6.8. Then you can upgrade Chrome to the latest version for your video embedding.