Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Mac Expert, 7+ years of experience in installation and trouble shooting of mac osx and apps
50064670

Hello, After logging off of itunes and then later trying

Customer Question

After logging off of itunes and then later trying to login again, itunes does not recognize my password. Further, purchses and previous downloaded music is missing. Finally, when I go to the site where one can reset their password, the new password XXXXX XXXXX recognized either.

Any help would be greatly apprieciated.

Thanks in advance,

KR
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 2 years ago.
If you successfully reset the password, restart the computer and router/modem and try to login again with the new password.

If it not helps, reset the password XXXXX again.

You can reset the password XXXXX http://iforgot.apple.com

After resetting the password, try to download songs

Reply me the result.

Regards
Jins

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The site you directed me to is the site I tried previously. I get an email with a new password, but I get the same result(s) - does not recognize password.

Any other suggestions.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Any other suggestions yet? Still waiting for any responce

Further, I have fond the missing downloads, but they are in the following format:

<key>Track ID</key>

<integer>104</integer>
<key>Name</key>
<string>The Coast</string>
<key>Artist</key>
<string>Paul Simon</string>
<key>Album Artist</key>
<string>Paul Simon</string>
etc....
How do I change this format so I can access (play) and movethe items to my itunes player?
Thanks
Please follow this....

1) Go to appleid.apple.com

2) Click on 'Manage' account and enter a new email AppleID and password

3) On the screen that saying verification had been sent, click edit for the AppleID and Primary email address.

4) Enter your new AppleID (email)

7) Save changes and request a new verification email. You will get it soon.

Now login to iTunes and try again.

Regards

Jins

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Again, in order to do what you have suggested, the site requires a ID and a PASSWORD, which , Apple does not recognize. I was hoping this was understood. As well, the following was not responded to;

I have fond the missing downloads, but they are in the following format:

<key>Track ID</key>

<integer>104</integer>

<key>Name</key>

<string>The Coast</string>

<key>Artist</key>

<string>Paul Simon</string>

<key>Album Artist</key>

<string>Paul Simon</string>

etc....

Thanks in advance.

Please take a screen shot of that iTunes screen and send it to me.

To capture the entire desktop, press Command-Shift-3. The screen shot will be automatically saved as a PNG file on your desktop.

You can send that PNG file to me with the help of wikisend.com

Go to www.wikisend.com. Click on the Browse button and select the image. Then click on the Upload button. Wikisend will give you a download link. Copy and paste it on the reply.

I hope after reviewing that screenshot I can give correct solutions.

Regards
Jins
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here
Please upload the image on wikisend and give me the download link wikisend gives
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

This is awful. I specifically stated I had tried the steps to reset my password, and your response is for me to take a screenshot of the (apple) page I had tried before and you later recommended? Really? What for,... to verify I went to the apple site ? That would solve nothing, and I would still be without a password.

Secondly, no response came from you regarding my second question (downloads now in text form and formatting...etc)

Money spent and nothing solved.

very disapointing

Hello Sir, A screenshot will give me a more clear picture about the issue. That is why I asked it to you. Anyway it sounds like the problem is with your itunes installation on your system.

First, Backup your iTunes library and files. Click here to see how to backup.

Now perform a clean uninstall of iTunes. Use appcleaner to fully remove itunes from the system.

Restart the computer and re-install iTunes. Then restore the libraries and songs.

Regards
Jins

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Please re-read my question/concern. The issue was and still is, is Itunes does not recognize my password, only my username. As for the installation of itunes,... well, itunes had worked perfectly for several months without issue(s). Further, there is a considerable gift card amount on my present account - saving my library and files, then re-installing itunes would be another pointless step to access to my account, and, recovering or issuing me a new password. Please don't direct me to appleid.apple.com or http://iforgot.apple.com - as mentioned, those sites were tried more than a few times.

This will be the last corrospondance - thanks for your time and effort.

Please follow the troubleshooting tips on this apple support guide. It explains various advanced troubleshooting for iTunes Store connectivity.

Regards
Jins