Frederick S., Mac Specialist
Experience:  Worked with Mac OS X for two years as a support technician.

hi I accidentally dropped my ipad2 in an attempt to save my

Customer Question

hi I accidentally dropped my ipad2 in an attempt to save my dog from a fall and it turns on but gives me a blank blue screen. Initially it was a blue pink liny interface, finally I did get the apple logo back and a normal looking screen etc for a few minutes but now it wont do even that . May I bring it in for a look. I dont remember if I have a warranty I have had it for about a year I think . thanks
Category: Mac
Expert:  Frederick S. replied 4 years ago.
Hi! My name is Frederick. I look forward to assisting you! Do not forget to rate my answer quality before you go. Let's get started!

You've reached JustAnswer, a paid third-party Expert advice site. I can assist you; however, do you want assistance from JustAnswer? Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes what info do you need/
OK; first, let's try a hard reboot.

In this situation, it's best to do a hard restart (don’t worry; you won’t lose any data).

Please go ahead and hold the Home button (on the bottom center) and the Power button at the same time for 10-15 seconds...

Then you should be back up and running; thank you.

Let me know if that works or not; thank you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i already did that as I said in my initial question and I just did it again. nothing happens except it comes on and there is a deep blue blank screen.
OK, so it sounds like the video connection within it was somehow jarred / isn't secure, or there may be some damage to either the video processor or motherboard.

You can check if you still have a warranty here:

Type the serial number in and hit Continue (the serial is engraved on the back)

You can take it into an Apple Store either way. You can set up an appointment but that isn't required. You can find the closest store by going to the following link and next to "Find a store" type your ZIP code or city/state and press [ENTER]:

Thank you!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
hi I knew all this so I am not sure what service I received certainly not $38 worth
Hi Pam

As I'm not part of Apple, I'm not sure why you decided to continue to engage in this discussion with me if you knew this was all I could do.

Thanks and have a great day.