Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

I am trying to populate a freshly installed version of Address

I am trying to populate a freshly installed version of Address Book on my iMac with the address book archive file I saved from a populated version of the program on my MacBook Pro. For some reason when I open the "clean" address book, the "Import" function is grey (cannot click on it), and I cannot open the .abbu file that I saved from the contact list I want to import.
Try making one contact that is your info first.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I am not even able to add a contact...
Please go to the Apple logo on the upper left of the screen, go to About This Mac (DO NOT Select More Info), and tell me the Version (under Mac OS X)
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
OK go to Macintish HD / Users/ yourusername/ Library/ Application Support/ drag AddressBook folder to the trash and also Macintish HD / Users/ yourusername/ Library / Preferences drag and anything that starts with then restart and try again.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
OK, that seems to have worked! While we're at it, do you know how to get rid of a folder in the sidebar under "places" that I can't seem to right click and get rid of?
What happens?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
nothing... it is in the side bar, but I cannot click on it to remove it. It shows "open sidebar preferences" when I try to.
If you right click on it you don't see remove from Sidebar?
Hold Command and try dragging it off.

If you are satisfied, please kindly Accept and provide OK Rating - or Above. Thanks. I am still here if you have any problems or questions.