Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Mac Expert, 7+ years of experience in installation and trouble shooting of mac osx and apps
50064670

Word quit suddenly and I lost 5 hours or more of work Nothing

Customer Question

Word quit suddenly and I lost 5 hours or more of work
Nothing has been saved on auto-recovery - Is there anything I can do?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 4 years ago.
Hi Andy, I am Jins here to assist you. Did you save that document atleast once ? You have to save the document(atleast once) to activate AutoRecover option.

If you didn't saved it, I'm not sure wheher you can recover your document. So, only hope is close word and restart it. If you're lucky then word will automaically opens the document.

You can quit word by Pressing Command(Apple) + Option + Esc and Force Quit word from the "Froce Quit" window.

Then open word again. If word doesn't opens auto recover option automatically then go and search in here for documents :

~/Users/[your username]/Documents/Microsoft Userdate/Office 200_ AutoRecovery/

If you can't find the documents in there, I'm sorry, the documents are gone..Sometimes truth is painfull...

Regards,
Jins