CompExpert
CompExpert, Mac Specialist
Experience:  Apple Desktop/Laptops with 8 years exp. Apple Certified

I had difficulty updating my credit card. Now it tells me

I had difficulty updating my credit card. Now it tells me the book I bought cannot be downloaded because the disk is full, and also it appears that I bought it twice by mistake. Also, when I sync, it is trying to download all the things I ever have bought rather than only the ones I left clicked. I can't find the page where I can specifically tell it not to download unmarked items. HELP. Sue Crosnoe
Category: Mac
Expert:  CompExpert replied 1 year ago.

CompExpert :

hi,
are you download to your computer first then transfer to your iphone?

Customer:

I just tried to download again to my computer, and it told me my disk was full.

CompExpert :

go to spotlight search ( magnifying glass icon near top right corner) type in activity monitor, open activity monitor and click on the disk usage tab

CompExpert :

that will shown you how much space available on your current hard drive

CompExpert :

if already full, you might want to open finder, delete some picture, music or video you have on your computer

CompExpert :

to get extra space available

CompExpert :

after that redownload your book again

Customer:

What page are you talking about. I have no such icon on this page, so I went to Store and clicked but it didn't do anything.

CompExpert :

try this

CompExpert :

open finder

CompExpert :

click application

Customer:

What is finder?

CompExpert :

you dont have a mac computer correct?

CompExpert :

then click start ---->>> computer

CompExpert :

you should see your c: drive

CompExpert :

right click on C: drive

CompExpert :

and go to properties

CompExpert :

on the general tab

CompExpert :

it should tell you how much free space you have left on your internal hard drive

Customer:

Sorry I didn't tell you I was Windows. I see C:. OK, it said I have 293 MB available and asked if I wanted to compress files. I said sure, and it said access denied. Why can I not buy this directly through iCloud on my iPhone and have it delivered?

CompExpert :

you can buy book directly from your iphone or redownload you book.

just go to this link for instruction --->> http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2519

basically, open ibook on your iphone, tab on the store icon and purchased book from there

CompExpert :

I'll be on standby, let me know if you still running into problem or have any question

Customer:

I do not want to read it. I am going on a trip and want an audiobook.

CompExpert :

just go here for direction on download audiobook to straight from your iphone.

is located on your itunes app, then click more, click audiobook

go here for more info --->>> http://www.askdavetaylor.com/how_to_buy_audiobook_apple_iphone.html

CompExpert :

unfortunately, audiobook is the only file that Apple wont let you re-download it.

but you can transfer all your audiobooks from your iphone to your computer by plugged in, open itunes, right click on your iphone name then select transfer purchased

Customer:

I went to iTunes, purchased another book directly on my iPhone, and it was there instantly. I guess I've just lost the other book. Bummer. Back to that original page - how do I find the spot where I can uncheck items?

CompExpert :

when you download audiobook, it should up on itunes library, just check or uncheck the box next to the audiobook name

then one with a check with sync to your iphone.

CompExpert :

also after you plugged in your iphone, select iphone name under Devices, on the summary tab, make sure you check the box, sync only checked song and video

CompExpert :

I'll be on standby, please let me know if you have any more question. thank you

Customer:

I finally got the book downloaded. I have other problems, but that will do it for today. Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX

CompExpert :

you're welcome, please rate my service, thank you and have a wonderful day

CompExpert, Mac Specialist
Experience: Apple Desktop/Laptops with 8 years exp. Apple Certified