CompExpert
CompExpert, Mac Specialist
Experience:  Apple Desktop/Laptops with 8 years exp. Apple Certified
63903440

RA-hs

Customer Question

I have an ipad. For some reason it has gone back to basics and I decided to start again from scratch. I thought it was ok but when I try to connect to Safari it doesn't do anything.
Category: Mac
Expert:  CompExpert replied 4 years ago.

CompExpert :

hi,
try to restore your ipad again using recovery mode.

after that make sure you connect to your wireless home network by go to settings --->> wifi, turn on and connect to your home wifi network.

if you have 3G ipad model and used simcard to connect to internet then is should automatically connected without wifi or wireless.

here is how to restore your ipad with recovery mode.

1. make sure you computer have the latest itunes software --->>> http://www.apple.com/itunes/
2.Attach the ipad to the pc
3.Turn the ipad off
4.Press and hold power. Keep holding power. As soon as you see display on the screen of any sort press and hold home button.
5.Hold power and home together for *exactly* 10 seconds
6.Release power but keep holding home until the pc beeps as a USB device is recognized.
7.At no point will the display come on. Now your restore should work.

after that open itunes on your computer, if you did the above steps correct,
itunes will stated that your ipad is in recovery mode and asked if you want to restore. click yes to restore.

let me know if you still running into problem by reply in here. thank you

****
Please let me know if there is still any issue. Thank you.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate bad or poor service, please stop and click on the "Reply to Expert" link with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

Thank you,