Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Mac Expert, 7+ years of experience in installation and trouble shooting of mac osx and apps
50064670

enabling java. java does not activate althoughit is updated

enabling java.
java does not activate althoughit is updated and upgraded.
probaly I did disable on july 15 unintentionally. I have now cancelled the application java disabler,
please help with next step
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, Thanks a lot for posting your query here. I am Jins here to assist you. It is extremely easy to turn on Java code execution in Safari. Simply head over to Safari > Preferences and click on the Security tab. From here, locate the checkbox labeled “Enable Java” under the Web Content section. Check that box with the tick mark. Refer the image below.

graphic
Enabling Java in Chrome

Open Chrome and navigate to “about:plugins”. From this page listing all of your installed plugins, locate the plugin called “Java” with a description of “Java Plug-In 2 for NPAPI Browsers.” Underneath the plugin listing, click the Enable link to have the Java functionality in Chrome enabled. Refer the image below.

graphic

Enable Java in Firefox
Like Chrome, Firefox’s Java functionality is hidden in the plugins section. To Enable Java in Firefox, navigate to Tools menu > Add-ons > Plugins tab. Once there, locate the plugin called Java Embedding Plugin. Click it, and then select the Enable button to have this functionality enabled. You may also have a plugin called Java Plug-In 2 for NPAPI Browsers; you need to ensable this plugin, too. Refer the following image.

graphic
After enabling java on your browser, you can execute the java content of the webapges.

Regards
Jins

Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience: Mac Expert, 7+ years of experience in installation and trouble shooting of mac osx and apps