Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience:  worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products
51110040

Playlists and other albums will no longer sync from Windows

Playlists and other albums will no longer sync from Windows 7 desktop to iPad. Have reset the the damn thing several times.

Let's try this.

Open itunes in the computer and connect the ipad. Now, your ipad name would be listed to the left side of the itunes, below "devices". Just click on the ipad name and now, to the middle of the screen, you will find a number of tabs such as summary, info, apps, photos, music etc.

Click on the music tab there. Select the option "sync music" and then select "entire music library".

Now click on apply/sync at the bottom.

Let me know whether this resolves your issue.

Thank You
Vinod
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It seems to be moving music, but can I do the same thing with selected music as I don't want all 2200 songs on the ipad?
of course, you can.

There are several ways. You can go for any of the following two steps.

1. Instead of selecting "entire music library", select "selected playlists" and choose only the playlists you want to sync.

2. You can go to the summary tab next to the music, select the option "sync only checked (selected) songs and videos and click on apply. THis will sync only the songs those have check mark next to it.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It is about 25% done and I have not touched the iPad, not ready to proclaim that it is working, but if it does you will get five stars and the $38 is a bargain when compared with the hours of googling and manual reading that I have done. Two more questions- It could take another couple of hours for the entire music file to sync, can I stop it now and choose the "selected play" option. And will I have to go through these steps every time I want to sync music?
yes, you can stop the sync. To the top of the itunes, you will find the name of the song that is currently syncing. Next to it, you will find an "x" button. Just click on it and that will stop the sync.

Now you can go ahead and sync the selected option.

You don't have to do it everytime. Now if you select "selected playlists", only those playlists will be synced automatically everytime you connect your ipad. If you add new songs to the playlists, they will be synced to the ipad. similarly if you delete any from the playlist, they will be deleted off the ipad as well in the next sync.