Daniel, Mac Specialist
Experience:  10 Years hands on computer training
64443469

I accidentally closed my 2009 Macbook in the middle of startup,

I accidentally closed my 2009 Macbook in the middle of startup, and now the screen flashes wildly and shows the desktop and then immediately goes black. I am now connected to a monitor and it works on here, but will not on its original screen. What should I do?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for choosing Justanswer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today.

Have you tried to do a SMC reset.

Here is how:

Remove battery and power cord. press power button for 5 sec. Re-insert battery and plug in power.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have now tried that as well, and no luck...sometimes it will come on for a second when I disconnect it from the monitor or re-connect it to the monitor...I don't know if this helps you...
Thanks,

Damian
Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.
Does it do it when the power has plugged in. I assume it does, I believe that you need to change the PRAM battery. That is why reseting it did not do the trick.

Here is what a PRAM battery looks like.

graphic

I would look into replacing the PRAM battery. Let me know if you have any other questions. If this answer was helpful please take a moment to rate the answer with a rating of three top ratings. If for any reason you feel the need to rate with one of the bottom two ratings. PLEASE STOP and REPLY, and let me now what else I can help you with.

Thank You, Dan