Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech
Experience:  Support Mac laptops, desktops, & iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.

My ipad with OS 5.1.1 stopped working

My ipad with OS 5.1.1 stopped working with most programs. Local programs like Angry Birds are running OK; but all programs which need communication like Safari are timing out. WI-FI is connected! I have observed that there is a lot of "LowMemory" entries in a diagnostic and use log. What could be the problem and how to solve? Best regards, Jørgen xxx

So the Internet is not working on the iPad?

Have you tried rebooting the iPad: press and hold both the Power button and the Home button together for at least 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears, then wait a bit, then check?

Then can you go to Settings, General, Reset, Reset network settings. Then reconnect to your wi-fi/wireless and check.

Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Have now tried reboot plus switching Wi-Fi off and on again.

Nothing is changed. Mail update ends up with the same old time-stamp 31/07/12 13:22 and Safari times out with a message saying unable to open the requested page. Regards Jørgen

Sorry, so after turning on Wi-Fi, then select your wi-fi/wireless network name, does it connect? Is there any error message?

Can you connect the iPad to the computer, then try restoring the iPad?

Thank you,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Don't want to restore - and I can see that restoring did'nt solve the same problem with another ipad user. But - surprice - surprice - my ipad has started working again between late 2012-08-01 and early 2012-08-03. I really don't know how and why??!! Best regards, Jørgen xxx
Great. If you don't have backup, then you'd lose your data when restoring. So you should back up or use icloud, in case something goes wrong with the ipad. If you have any other electronic or computer question /issue, please let us know any time. Thank you.