Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience:  worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products

iPad 2 frozen, i found out by not having any sound to check

iPad 2 frozen, i found out by not having any sound to check my work for grammar errors etc. then just froze when i went into system to find if the over voice been switched off , and it had.

it puts an outline box round any app you press

home key will take you to the keyboard, but will not type

Tried holding down the home key and the power key together for 30 seconds

Tried rebooting through ITunes,

so before i bust into tear can you help.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Vinod Menon replied 1 year ago.
Hi

Triple click the home button and let me know whether this resolves your issue.

If not, go to settings - general - accessibility - voice over and make sure it is off.

To open anything, you may have to click on it, then double click on it.

To scroll, you may have to use three fingers

Let me know whethe this helps

Thank you
Vinod
Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience: worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

where in frozen do you not get it?

triple home button as you asked

no change

Sorry, I thought it was just one page that was frozen

I believe you have already tried the reset by pressing and holding the power button and the home button together until you see an apple logo, haven't you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes i see the logo

i think its in a loop

as it would not switch off at one time when i pressed home and off button, but after many tries we have at last to close..

but now when its switched on, we are no further forward, than i discribed.

sorry to have been snappy

but i have tried over 24 hours to sort this problem.

so i now need the experts to guide me through this hic up.

please

susan

Don't worry, Susan. I will try my best to help you.

What do you see on the iPad screen now? Is it "slide to unlock" or to enter password XXXXX
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

neither

we are straight in to display of apps screen

but if i switch it off and then on again it shows ther slide unlock bar, which i do and then it show the above

so at this moment in time i am looking at the apps displaying

Ok.

I read from your question that when you click on an app, it just puts a black box around it, correct?

Try this. Click on settings. This will place a black box around it. Now double tap on it. Let's see whether it opens.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

it put the box round setting

i have double click took a bit of time but it has open

one step forward i think Homes

That is what we need. We need to turn off voice over.

Please keep this in mind. To open anything , tap on it so that a black box covers it, now double tap on it.

You may have to scroll down sometimes. Use THREE fingers to scroll.

This is what we need to do. Go to settings - general - accessibility - voice over and turn it off (you have to tap then double tap the on button to turn it off)

Let me know if you find any difficulty. We will go through the computer to turn it off.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes done that

where to now Homes

i make a terrable Wattson

Have you turned off voice over?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
voice over is now off
Let's check whether your issue is resolved now.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Cool sofar do go but i will switch off and on again so don't leave me yet.

i do need voice over for my work so before we finish i must know that all is ok

No worries.. Take your time
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i'm back

just had a power cut

so before i lost everything i had typed

i was saying that all looks now ok but i have no voice over do we switch that on now, or what do you advice.

much happier person Cool

:)

If you have a need for voice over to be turned on, just turn it on.

There is one more way to turn on and off the voice over (which could be easier). Go to settings - general - accessibility - triple click home. Set that to voice over . Now you can turn on or off the voice over just by triple clicking the home button
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

not quite

if i go in to set voice over then we have boxes round the apps again

if i triple click home button in accessibility then we still have a problem

i use Note Taker HD app

this for my medical diary and i have tried it both ways

with no voice over ipad and the app works normal but no voice (screem)

but

once i request the voice over it has a hissy fit.

my daily reminder for medication is back and working and making its sound when i need to take the happy pills though out the day THANK GOODNESS Thats why i was in such a panic. as they are at diffrent times not just four hours apart.

so we not quite there yet.

Susan

Sorry, I don't know what that app does. Did you mean the time settings are wrong in that app?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no it was because the iPad was FROZEN so no app was working

One app is just a reminder timewise that barks at me

and the other app is what i have to make daily notes on so that the Doctors is how i am doing or not.

But i need voice over to work

is there a glich with this that is what making iPad freeze

Susan

If you turn on voice over, we cannot open an app just by clicking. It will keep a black box around it so we have to double tap. This is how the voice over feature works.

So did you mean to say that when voice over is turned on and when you tap-double tap the icons, they won't open up?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

First i have no voice over on and the apps opens and work i think normal

but voice over on then is seems to be opening the app is slower and puts black line box round any thing that i tap

i have difficalty tapping on a word to select but i do catch one

it now puts a box round the word, where before this problem it did't

but it does not offer to copy cut delete or speak

just word in a box

susan

That is a tricky part, Susan.

It takes practice to do it perfect. We have to use two fingers and rotate clockwise to select words etc in voice over

Let me know whether the following doc helps

http://bdmtech.blogspot.in/2012/02/how-to-cut-copy-and-paste-while-using.html?m=1

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no i had no problem before this it would put two blue point end that you could drag over as many words required

we do not have that now blue points

You were able to get those blue points earlier with voice over turned on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

sorry its playing silly whats it again

back in to setup but it now stuck will not let me pull the page up to i can swich off voice over

i have swich it off and on again but no good

now switch off again.

Sorry if spelling is out but as the computer screen is four feet away

susan

:(

If it is freezing the iPad, try restoring your iPad from iTunes in the computer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

that will be a 3/4 hour wait

happy to do that then comeback to you again and see whats next?

Do you still like me to connect to iTunes?

Susan

I you feel it is not working as before with voice over turned on, I would suggest a restore. But just check whether the following doc helps

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I will restore with itunes as you have directed and comeback to you and see where we take it from there. i have the order number 11724577-930 to use for contact

as the issue is not closed yet.

But thank you for your help sofar and will be incontact with you shortly.

Susan

No worries... Take your time

Just bookmark this websit and get back to me
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

will do

enjoy your day

Susan

You too!