John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience:  20+ years in the computer/Mac industry

my iPad pages have frozen. I cant move pages.

my iPad pages have frozen. I can't move pages.
Category: Mac
Expert:  John T. F. replied 4 years ago.
Hello! My name is XXXXX XXXXX self-employed tech, and I'm offering my time in good faith today to provide advice and information.

Are you referring to the Apple Pages app for the iPad or something else?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I was reading my I-pad - a book I had downloaded and suddenly it froze. I have page 400 on the left and 407 on the right. Can't get the pages to swipe. For a while, I could not even get the IPad to come up with the passcode page. I had to turn it off for a couple hours But still the pages won't move.

Mary E.

Thanks Mary.

First, let’s attempt resolving this issue with your iOS device (iPad) by trying a hard reset, then proceed from there if that does not resolve the problem:

Disconnect the iOS device from it's cord, if plugged in.

Press and hold your Sleep/Wake button (on the top) and Home button (on the front) together for around 10 seconds.

When your screen goes black, release both keys.

The next thing you should see are the Apple logo followed by the home screen a few minutes later.

If the above does not work, plug it straight into a power outlet and try again.

Now check your book and see if swiping works as expected.

Hopefully, this info will answer your question. If you continue to have questions on this topic, just reply back to this discussion. I will be more than happy to work with you further.

Thanks and good luck,

NOTE: The site has recently implemented a new rating and feedback system. Please be aware that you are rating my courtesy and service as a professional, and not other factors outside my control. If you have any questions whatsoever, or there is anything I can clarify for you, please temporarily bypass the rating system by clicking “Continue the Conversation” or "Reply To Expert". Clicking either of the lowest two options reflects poorly on me as a working individual, so please reply to me if there is anything else I can do to help before choosing those options. I appreciate your patience on this matter.