Daniel, Mac Specialist
Experience:  10 Years hands on computer training

How can I tell if my iPhone has been cloned

Hi and Welcome. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Before we start, please remember these things. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer bad/negatively (First two left Stars/Faces/Ratings are Negatives) but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied.

What you meant by cloned ? Could you pleas explain your situation little more ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Every time there is a phone call or a text it seems a third party, not the govt. and reacts to the information if it is objectionable to them. This is a boyfriend watching the girlfriends phone. He knows when she get a phone call and/or text and where they are from. The carrier is AT&T
Thanks for choosing Justanswer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today.

Alright there is no way to clone your iphone, but there is a programs that are called mobile spies to allow someone to see basically everything that a person is doing on their phone. Now I will give you the steps to look and see if there is such a program on the iphone. Now if it is on there, I will allow the steps to delete the program.

Follow these steps to see if you have a spy program and delete if there is.

First, tap the Cydia icon.
Once inside Cydia, tap the Manage field at the bottom of the screen.
Next, tap the Packages icon.

Scroll down through your list of applications until you find:

Anything that says MobileSpy or Anything that States a Spying program.

If you have any questions please REPLY to let me know if you need help.
If this was helpful please take a moment to Rate the answer with One of the Top Three ratings. If for any reason you feel the need to rate with one of the bottom two rating PLEASE STOP and REPLY.

Thank You, Dan
Daniel, Mac Specialist
Experience: 10 Years hands on computer training
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Where or how do I get this app (Cydia) I couldn't find it in the app store?
Now it is already on your phone. Do this and see if this works:

Tap Settings, and slide the slider next to Hide Jailbroken Icon to the OFF position. Then tap Save in the top-right corner, and press the Home button to return to the main springboard. In 3-5 seconds, it will re-spring and Cydia should now be visible.

Let me know.

Thank You, Dan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No Jailbroken Icon in settings? iphone 4s by the way, latest version of the software.
Alright well then we can try two different number to make sure that there is no Mobile Spy on your iphone. If that is not on there then it is possible to clone your iphone, I didn't realize but I did some research. If a person had access to the electronic serial number.

So lets do this type in this numbers to make sure that you don't have Mobile Spy on the iphone.

• Dial *12345 for Mobile Spy version 5.0
  • Dial **54321 for Mobile Spy version 4.0

If mobile spy was on there then you will be gone.

Now if the iphone has been cloned then you will have to change the phone number. If you change the phone number then it can not be accessed.

So if the person cloned it they access the electronic serial number. Even if they still have the electronic serial number they still need the phone number. So if you change the phone number they will no longer have access. However if the person finds out the phone number then they may have access again to the phone. So if this happens then you will need to replace the phone, so that the person no longer has access.

Let me know if you have any questions. If you are satisfied with the answer please take a moment to rate the answer. If you are not satisfied please take a moment to Reply instead of rating with one of the bottom two ratings. If you are satisfied with the answer please rate with one of the top three ratings.

Thank You, Dan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I dialed both of these numbers pushed send and got the message that the number could not be reached. Was that what I was supposed to get and does that mean the spyware was removed? If so is there a way to get it back?
The only way to get it back is to install it. I don't believe that the spy program is on your iphone since your phone is not jailbroken I just want to make sure that is why I gave you those numbers.

I believe your next step is to contact your Cell Phone Provider and have your number changed.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thank You, Dan