Mike, Mac Maestro
Experience:  Apple Consultants Network, Apple Certified

Hi!I am running Apple 10.7 and I want to use iCloud to sync

I am running Apple 10.7 and I want to use iCloud to sync all the devices Mac, iPad, and iPhone, I have got iCal, but use Outlook as the master email and diary program. Outlook and iCal are not talking or synchronizing to each other to relay appointments through iCloud into all the devices. I have office 2011. Please do you have any advice on why this is happening and how I can resolve it? I have been through all the menu's step by step but nothing seem to trigger the mode for them to talk to each other,
I hope you have some help and advice,
many thanks, Chris
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Unfortunately, Office for Mac, iCloud and Outlook are not able to sync together at this time.

If you are connected to Exchange, it's better to avoid iCloud and use Active Sync and have your Exchange account installed on iCal and AddressBook.

Otherwise, it is recommended to use Google Exchange support. You can have Google Mail query your existing mail service and forward mail to your gmail account which you install on Outlook. Google Calendar will sync as well.

We are all hopeful that Microsoft will soon support iCloud syncing, but have no information about when/how that may happen. I can vouch that Exchange works perfectly, and there are a number of reasonably priced hosted Exchange services available with ActiveSync. I use this personally, and it works flawlessly.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi Mike

Thank you for your reply,

I'm a bit confused, as iCal and Outlook sync'd 100% prior to 10.7 installation, iCloud sync's more towards iCal if I understand correctly, so with 10.7 operating system being installed now the iCal and Outlook don't talk is there nothing on that side to get those two to interact as previously?

I mainly upgraded to 10.7 for that purpose to have precisely this function of Outlook to iCal and iCloud to all my accessories,

I hope to hear from you further,

many thanks! Chris
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.

If you were syncing before the upgrade to 10.7, it's possible that it is corrupted preferences preventing the previously defined sync to work. Try this:

Try deleting these files in your User’s Library/Preferences folder:

Also in the User's Library/Preferences/Microsoft/Office 2011 folder delete OfficeSync Prefs

How to view ~Library in Lion.

Go > Go to Folder command in Finder. Hold Option key down and you can view the ~Library.

This may help. Please let me know if it does not.