Dustin, Mac Enthusiast
Experience:  4 Years in the US Military working with Mac's and networking equipment
19897260

Why do I get some e-mails that appear on my iphone but not

Customer Question

Why do I get some e-mails that appear on my iphone but not my mac computer?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.
Welcome To JustAnswer!

My name is Dustin, And I am one of the Experts who will assist you today!

Im assuming you have the same email account on your phone, as you do on your mac computer.

I know what causes this issue, and also how to resolve it without too much fuss.

Before doing so though I need to ask, how many different email accounts do you have on your iphone, and does this issue happen with each email account, or just one email account?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
iCloud and AOL
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have iCloud and AOL and and I am not sure. I only use AOL, I think.
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.
Ok.. So your not getting all your mail on your Mac, for both the Icloud ( mac.com or me.com email account) and also for the Aol,com email accounts.

And both of those email accounts are on the Phone, and the Mac?

Are those correct statements Lisa?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am not sure if it's on the mac. But I do get most e-mails on both, but a few I have noticed recently come to my phone but not my computer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Have you answered me? I can't tell?
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.
Thanks. Do this for each email account you have listed on the Iphone.

1. In Settings, select Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
  2. Select the account for which you wish to change the settings.
  3. Select Advanced, located at the bottom of the list.
  4. Select the Delete from server option.
  5. Choose Seven days from the pop-up menu.
  6. Press the Home button to return to the Home screen.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
'

When you do this for each mail account.. Its going to leave your messages on both Iphone and Mac for seven days before it deletes them. In reality, once the Mac downloads the messages and the iphone downloads them. Changing this setting to 7 days will allow both mac and phone to keep the messages. Its only deleting them from the webmail server online.

Long story short. Chnage the settings as described, for each email account on the Iphone. And all your messages will once again go to both Mac, and phone.

If you have any further questions Lisa, or if you get stuck on any of these steps let me know.

Please remember to rate the effectiveness of the answer given before you go, as thats the only way it shows whether or not I was able to help you. Remember that in some cases you cant always repair or solve the issue, and in those cases getting a correct answer to your question is the best solution possible. If you feel like leaving a one or two star rating please contact me first so I can try and resolve the issue in a more effective manner.

Thanks, D.Sandlin

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I can't get on my iphone the page you told me to. It's a bit different. I can't find the "delete from server" part.
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.
Once your on th email settings page for your account.

And you click advanced, at the top of the page you dont see the section

Incoming settings , and under that.. Delete from server?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't see incoming settings, I see mailbox behaviors?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thank you
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.
And inside mailbox behaviours, do you see drafts, sent, and deleted mailbox?

If so, Then your account must be set up as an Imap account.

Check the menus and see if they match what I mentioned.. Thanks!

edit** you said thank you? Did you find the proper area?