Silicon_Savant
Silicon_Savant,
47322625

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

Customer Question

XXX@XXXXXX.XXX

How did this happened and why?
I had this E-mail address for many years

Axana S.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Silicon_Savant replied 2 years ago.

Hi there happy to help.

First can you tell me what email service you use? hotmail, yahoo, etc.......

Also you received this message when tryi ng to SEND a message to a particular email address correct?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you.
*i use Safari, Google

*i received this message to all e-mail addresses!

As i tried to contact you with myXXX@XXXXXX.XXX , this address was rejected, not in service?? I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY AND HOW IT HAPPENED?

You reached me by my other address:XXX@XXXXXX.XXX

OK, I cannot see email addresses here, as they are blocked from my view.

So your ARE able to log into your gmail account however you are not able to send any messages. Is this a correct assessment?

AND you are logged into gmail through a PC when having this issue correct?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you.
*i use Safari, Google

*I USE A MAC LAPTOP. MY MAC E-MAL ADDRESS IS FAILING OR REJECTED.

MY GMAIL SEEMS TO WORK, BUT NOT THE MAC.COM

OK, I cannot see email addresses here. I need the last part of the email address that is causing trouble. example @gmail.com

Do NOT list the entire address.

Let me know,

Silicon_Savant,
Experience: 
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
@mac.com

OK, I will opt out and let some Mac experts view this. Sorry I couldn't help.

Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.
Welcome To JustAnswer!

My name isXXXXX am one of the Experts who will assist you today!

Since you have had the address for some time, its about to be shut down if you dont migrate from mobile me, to icloud..

This is a new initiative by apple.. To migrate from mobile me, to icloud.

You need to go to this link

http://auth.me.com/authenticate?service=moved&ssoNamespace=appleid&formID=loginForm&returnURL=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cubWUuY29tL21vdmVkLw==&anchor=undefined

click on move to icloud.

Then type in your full mac.com email address and password, click sign in.

And follow through the steps it gives you to migrate from mobile me, to icloud.

Once complete, your email address will work again, and be able to recieve and send mail.

If you get stuck, or have any questions please let me know. ( Also, please wait to rate the service until we get everything working)

Thanks!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
when and how will the mac expert contact me??
please let me know how to look for it?! Am i being charged for this exchange? Thank you.
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.
I see you accepted and rated the previous experts service.

Im not sure if you seen the message I just sent you.. The message about clicking the link and trying to migrate your mobile me account to icloud, so that your email still works.

Can you clarify whether or not you seen that message.

And can you also clarify whether or not you intended to pay the previous expert.. ( as by rating the service on the previous expert, that in turn pays them for the service they provided)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

D.Sadlin, hi,
i tried to convert to 'i could' many times. Unsuccessfully.
Just now tried to follow your instructions/link, but got a reply:'service is NOT available!?
What do I do now??
Thank you

Optional Information:
Computer OS: Mac OS X
Browser: Safari

Already Tried:
Tried to follow your instructions/link to convert to 'Icould'!? I got a message, that the service is not available!?

Detail Required: HIGH; Urgency: HIGH

Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.
My apologies for the delay in getting back to you... By the time you responded I was offline for the evening.

The very first time you clicked the link and tried to move to icloud. Did it accept it?

It may have already moved the account.. Here is some literature on the process

http://www.apple.com/mobileme/transition.html

That being said, lets try to login to your email online through Icloud and see what happens.

To do so, Go to this link http://www.icloud.com/

And then click sign in.. Try to sign in using your full email address and password for mac.com.. Will it let you sign in here?

Get back to me when you can, Thanks.

D.Sandlin