Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience:  worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products
51110040

RA - RB

Customer Question

I have always used itunes to download my audible books from Audible.com. I had a virus which erased everything from my computer and would like to set up again. It has been so long I have forgotten how to do this. Please help. Thanks
Category: Mac
Expert:  Techie_Ben replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the question. Can you please tell me which portion you are looking to set up? Are you trying to set up iTunes again, or access to Audible.com? I look forward to your reply. Thanks again!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am trying to set up i-tunes and want to know why I can't download my audible.
Are you trying to import your Audio Books in to iTunes, or do you need to download them first from audibl.com? If you have them already on your computer, I can show you how to import them in to iTunes again.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, I need to download them from audible and import them into itunes. For some reason the process is not working.
Apologies, but I do not have an Audibl.com account to walk you through the process of doing the download from their site. I'll opt out to see if another expert might.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you I wish you had been able to help. Hopefully someone will be able to.
Expert:  Vinod Menon replied 2 years ago.

What I understand is that you are trying to download from audible.com directly to itunes, correct?

Currently when you download something from audible.com, it is not automatically importing to itunes, correct?

Thank You
Vinod
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes it did. I would purchase it from audible.com and then it would go into my audible.com library and then I would hit download with my ipod connected to my computer and after it would download it would go to itunes and then I could sync it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes it did. I would purchase it from audible.com and then it would go into my audible.com library and then I would hit download with my ipod connected to my computer and after it would download it would go to itunes and then I could sync it. It also had my library from audible at one time i had many books but lost it when my computer crashed. I have always done this on the phone. So if you can't do it on th internet I will call. I have my ordert #.
Thank your for the info.

I am not an expert in audible, but from your description, I believe you may have to turn on the automatic import in audible to itunes

I just checked audible.com and this could help.

Have a look at the following document and there is a section for "automatically importing to itunes". Just try that and let me know whether this works.

If you face any difficulty, let me know. Rate me only after we finish our conversation.
I am sorry, I thought I had the document attached to my previous reply. Have a look at the document here

http://audible.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3130
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for all of you trying to help but I figured it out myself with the help from audible. Do I still have to pay?
Good to know that your issue is now resolved...:)

I would suggest you NOT to pay me because it wasn't my solution that solved your issue.

Have a great day!!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you.
You are welcome..:)