David, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  BSc H.Dip Apple Certified Professional
39216975

Iphoto I want to copy the metadata for single images (Date

Customer Question

Iphoto I want to copy the metadata for single images (Date and time, faces names,) to a word file. I cannot see how to do this.
Category: Mac
Expert:  David replied 4 years ago.
Hi my name is David.

You can download an EXIF viewer to view the metadata attached to an image. Download and install the following:

http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/13951/exif-viewer/

Then select the image in iPhoto and click File -> Export. Export to Desktop and then use EXIF viewer to grab the metadata of the image.

If you have any questions about it please don't hesitate to get back to me.

Kind regards,
David.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
When I open that webpage you suggest, I get an big red and white sign saying Mobile me is closed and that I can still move my account to icloud and download
my photos Gallery and download my files from iDisk.

Advice please Should I move to Icloud.
Expert:  David replied 4 years ago.

Apologies for giving you the link without checking it, it has only been in the last few days that MobileMe has been completely closed down for the move to iCloud.

This means there is no option but to move to iCloud now, so go to iCloud.com and login with your MobileMe details.

You can get an EXIF viewer on the App store. Search App Store for ExifExtreme, or use the following link:
http://itunes.apple.com/ie/app/exifextreme/id427329114?mt=12

Best regards,
David.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I do not seem to have a mobile me name and password. How do I move past thsi?
Expert:  David replied 4 years ago.

If you used iDisk and Gallery in the past then you will have a MobileMe login, the same as your Apple ID.

Try going to www.icloud.com/move to complete the move.

If you cannot remember your MobileMe information then it is the same as your @mac.com or @me.com if you have one.

In the end if you cannot remember it or you are not sure you had one, you can create a free iCloud account from scratch at www.icloud.com

I hope this is helping.

Regards,
David.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Dave,
I now have a apple user name and password. Still having trouble accessing icloud to get free trial. It says I need to be sure I have the latest version of Mac OS X Lion. My version on the computer is Mac OS X version 10.6.8 . There is nothing about Lion in my About this mac.

I do not think I have lion. If I update should I be able to access icloud. Will Icloud do what I need to do??

john

Expert:  David replied 4 years ago.
Hi John,

iCloud takes over from MobileMe and adds features and ease of use in advance of what MobileMe offered. You will get everything you had with MobileMe, but with Lion and iCloud it is more integrated syncing more space and more features. You can see a list of features of iCloud here:
http://www.apple.com/icloud/

If you have specific set of requirements and want to know exactly how they work with iCloud don't hesitate to ask me to explain them.

Best regards,
David.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Dave

Thanks for your help.

Here is where I am at. Apple recommends not upgrading to Lion, but waiting until Mountain Lion is available at the end of July. So, the application Icloud will not be useful to me for a month, so I have no particular question regarding icloud and whether it would do what I need to do.

Things seem in a state of flux.

Can I use my present contract with your operation to get information at the end of July or do I need to re-contract for additional advice at that time.

john

Expert:  David replied 4 years ago.
Hi John,

Absolutely you can put this on ice until then, it's true that sometimes upgrading is not the best way forward, but to wait until something better comes up. You can bookmark this question, and if it becomes locked for some reason you can pick it up again with my by bookmarking my expert profile. That way this thing will be easier for me to recall.

Best regards

http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-machelpdesk/