Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

RA - 711

Customer Question

I have a new iphone 4s which is syncing with Outlook in all respects except appointments. it shows all day events, but not timed appointments. What can i do?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Nick H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi and welcome,

My name isXXXXX will assist you with your issues.

Do you use Mac or PC?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
PC with Outlook 2007
Expert:  Nick H. replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Tony,

Is your PC using Windows XP Vista or 7?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Vista
Expert:  Nick H. replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Tony,

Please do the following steps:

1. Open iTunes.

2. From the Edit menu, choose Preferences.

3. Click the Devices tab.

4. Click the Reset Sync History button.

5. Connect your iphone back and try to sync your iphone again.

If that does not work, please do the following step:

1. Reset the Sync History again using the steps above.

2. Select the device in iTunes and click the Info tab.

3. Scroll down to the Advanced section, and under "Replace information on this iPhone" select Calendars.

4. Click Apply.

Please proceed and let me know if these methods worked out for you. Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Nick. I tried these procedures several times before contacting you. I have now tried them again, but stll only all-day events transfer from computer to phone, not appointments and nothing transfers from phone to Outlook.
Expert:  Nick H. replied 2 years ago.
Tony,

Note that the 2nd choice is to transfer the calendars from Outlook to iPhone only. If you want sync both way, please uncheck that box.

Have you tried to backup your iphone. Then restore your phone back to factory settings and restore from your backup?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I have tried back up and restore without luck.
Expert:  Nick H. replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Tony.

Let me reopen your question to all experts with remote access. They should be better assisting you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK Nick. Thanks
Expert:  Gina-Moderator replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic. Your Professional has opted out and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find another Professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Gina, I have solved the problem myself by using iCloud.