Jason
Jason, Mac Technician
Experience:  Several years of supporting Mac systems.
30759776

Hi there, I have a dual 1 GHz PowerPC G4 running 10.5.8. I

Hi there,
I have a dual 1 GHz PowerPC G4 running 10.5.8.
I just had an airport card installed and the computer is recognising my wireless network. However when I try and connect with the network , I firstly enter wpa password, then the computer either says 'connection failed' or 'administrator'.
I took it to a local computer repair shop and it connected to his network no problem.

Can you help me?

cheers simon
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jason replied 2 years ago.

XXXXX XXXXX :

Greetings,

Thank you for your question and your time today.

My name is Jason and I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

What is the full brand and model name of your wireless router, please?

XXXXX XXXXX :

Hello.

XXXXX XXXXX :

I see that you have entered the chatroom, left, and did not post any response.

XXXXX XXXXX :

Please, let me know when you are ready to continue.

XXXXX XXXXX :

Thank you.

Jason, Mac Technician
Experience: Several years of supporting Mac systems.
Expert:  Jason replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
netgear n300 , with extender also netgear wn3000rp.

i have other computers connecting to the network no problem.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
hello?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
,are you there?
Expert:  Jason replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for the update.

May I please, remote into your computer so that I can better help you resolve this problem?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i think it may be a little difficult to remote into a computer that cannot connect to the internet, no?
Expert:  Jason replied 2 years ago.

I am asking to remote into a working computer so that I can take a look at your network setup.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok
Expert:  Jason replied 2 years ago.

Thank you.

Please, click the following link and allow the remote app to run: http://67.192.95.188:8040/?Session=b74299ac-4c5c-4424-9226-e1394704578c&SUPPORT=NET

Expert:  Jason replied 2 years ago.
Please, let me know if that fixed the problem. If it did not, please, click the remote link again and allow it to run.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
hello
Expert:  Jason replied 2 years ago.

If you have any issues with the change, please, let me know.

Please, do not forget to click the Happy or Sad face on the bottom of this page and click Submit.

Thank you,
- Jason