Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

Error message 3259 and error message 17897. Macbook pro

Error message 3259 and error message 17897. Macbook pro user, entourage 2008 (mobile me and mac address).
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Ther are new settings for email with the iCloud:

Account type: IMAP
Incoming mail server:
imap.mail.me.com

Outgoing mail server:
smtp.mail.me.com

Make sure the “Require logon using Secure Password XXXXX (SPA)” checkbox isn’t selected.

On the Outgoing Server tab, select “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication” and “Use same settings as my incoming mail server,” and then click OK.

Let me know how it goes.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Mike,
Can I Skype you from australia? I changed incoming from mail.me.com to impact.mail.me.com and outgoing from smtp.me.com to smtp.mail.me.com then somehow to starting emptying cache and there is nothing in my inbox or outbox. please help urgently. My folders are still there thank goodness.
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
It's not

impact.mail.me.com

It is

imap.mail.me.com
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Make sure the “Require logon using Secure Password XXXXX (SPA)” checkbox isn’t selected. I can't find this wording? Mike typo above sorry I did use imap.mail.me.com just checked
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
OK. Sorry the directions are not for Entourage in particular and I don't have that here. You would select these Advanced buttons:

graphic

And then you would select the SSL option on both
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok so if I tick that box on both accounts then will my inbox and outbox reappear? I'm panicking not everything is backed up to my sinology drive. I can see my inbox and outbox (which was a mobile me account using entourage). But if it sinks via entourage (mail not showing) to the cloud then will the cloud loose my inbox as well? Sorry I'm being a chick as we say here in ozz.
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
No don't worry the iCloud and MobielMe(was) both IMAP which means all the mail is stored on Apple's servers if you go here and sign in do you see all your mail?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I have been seeing the mail there no worries and my contacts came thru from entourage which was also a blessing! Problem is as I'm keeping my mac/me accounts I want to continue to send emails using entourage on my computer as my folders are also stored there. Is this not possible? I know entourage forums with iCloud has had problems.
I just moved back from US. Watching fires Colorado it's dreadful!
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Try this:
Receiving mail
Account ID:XXX@XXXXXX.XXX (seems that it must have the "@me.com" and ignore the link)
IMAP Server: imap.mail.me.com
Password: Your iCloud password
- Advanced Receiving Options
SSL Required: Yes
Port: 993
Sending mail
SMTP Server: smtp.mail.me.com
- Advanced Sending Options
SSL Required: Yes
Port: 587
SMTP Authentication Required: Yes
Use same settings as receiving mail server
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OMG Mike you are a super star! Inbox and Outbox is now back in entourage. I'm now on track to start clearing out my inbox and archiving important content. thanks so much
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
100% rating!!! Awesome work Mike
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
GREAT!!!

If you are satisfied, please kindly Accept and provide OK Rating - or Above. Thanks. If not please Reply to Expert and let me know, I am here until we can fix the problem.
Mike, Mac Medic
Experience: Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm sorry to be a nuisance! one last question. Initially when i was having I set up another account. As I changed both SSL and port no's over in both. my inbox and sent items are now in both. here is a screenshot. should an inbox be under ON MY COMPUTER or the first one account name then inbox for safety reasons

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
I can't see what is above of the first Inbox.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Just my name (original account Deb Schwantler). When the emails came back they put into both accounts and now in one is great. So I think i should just delete the other IMAP account that I was using when having trouble sending mail I would go from one to the other! The other is just a Deb Imap (Deb, On my computer, then Inbox etc)
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
I would export the on my computer folders first, just to be sure:

http://www.office.mvps.org/import_export/index.html
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Received this error message this morning. Emails still all working fine though. But I thought I'd check.

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Try this open Terminal in the Utilities folder, when you get to the command prompt copy and paste:

sudo launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.mDNSResponder.plist

HIT RETURN, you will have to enter your password, then

Copy and paste:

sudo launchctl load -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.mDNSResponder.plist

HIT RETURN

Quit Terminal and restart.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Will do. I haven't seen this error message before so I thought it may be something to do with yesterday? Is it serious
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
No as long as you are getting your email that is ok, it may not be encrypted but you should not send any sensitive info through email anyway it is not secure either way.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
excellent.
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Good luck
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'll check with my husband. Password XXXXX tried was login used for mobile me and now iCloud. Didn't except, maybe he set up a different password XXXXX the system
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
The computer password XXXXX your email password.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Mike I did try again today. Now I can't surf and under network diagnostic utility the Internet and server status is failed. Wi-fi, network settings and ISP is green dots/ok. Other PCs at home working ok, so no problem with cable modem. Rebooted various times no change. Plugged LAN cable into modem and no difference. Firewall is off. My husband did a Renew DHCP lease and no difference. Please advise. This is strange
Now it's fixed. My husband realized that I unloaded but did not load again! I had cut and pasted the first wording so unloaded twice. OMG now I'm in trouble. Miraculously I'm back surfing and missing US Amazon! Now I just have to figure out why new created bookmarks are not working so do we need to open up another job? Entourage address book is also to sync with iCloud. I want to make sure my settings on iPhone ok. So happy to close this job of and start with another.
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
OK thanks you can go here to get me again:

mikethemacmedic.com
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Mike time difference here so I'll touch base with you Friday.
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
K