Tom
Tom, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  8 years experience as a Mac administrator for a college
15873684

Mac question. What would be the workflow in roboform to extract

Customer Question

Mac question. What would be the workflow in roboform to extract (automatically not one by one) hundreds of pdf files in to txt. I noticed there is an action named "extract text from pdf."

In summary, I have 220 pdf. files and I need to end up with 220 txt. files with matching names, thanks.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Tom replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thanks for using justanswer.com

I'm unfamiliar with Roboform but I can assist you will Automator if you can use that?
Automator comes with every Mac.

What OS are you running? ie. 10.7.2

If you click on the Apple icon in the top left and choose about this mac. It will tell you the version number.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OMG I meant to say automator, sorry :-)

OS 10.7.4

Thanks for replying by the way
Expert:  Tom replied 2 years ago.
In Automator Click on File and New

Choose Application

Click on Pdf on the left hand side and Drag Extract PDF Text into the Gray area

You can change Output to Plain text or Rich

Save Output is listed as Desktop. You can change this also here

Click on File and Save. Save the application to the Desktop

Now drag a file or files onto the application and it will change it to text
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
If I grab 3 pdf's will it put them all three in the same txt file? I would like each pdf to have it's individual matching txt.

Thanks
Expert:  Tom replied 2 years ago.
If you drag 3 pdf files onto the application. Then you will have 3 matching txt files
Tom, Mac Support Specialist
Experience: 8 years experience as a Mac administrator for a college
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Fantastic thank you very much. That worked well. It's way faster than I anticipated. Thanks again!
Expert:  Tom replied 2 years ago.
Great. Glad that it worked and happy I could help
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Awesome