Dustin, Mac Enthusiast
Experience:  4 Years in the US Military working with Mac's and networking equipment
19897260

I just bought the I Pad 3 64GB 4G, etc. Just starting it up.

I just bought the I Pad 3 64GB 4G, etc. Just starting it up. I have a Lexmark X9575 printer, copier, fax, etc machine. Can I print from the I Pad to this Lexmark?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.
Welcome To JustAnswer!

My name isXXXXX am one of the Experts who will assist you today!

Your Lexmark, is it connected to a mac, or a pc, or is it just a standalone printer.. ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It is a wireless printer. I currently use it with PCs. But the PCs and the printer are all connected to a wireless system in my home. and the new I Pad is now connected to the wireless system as the I Pad is receiving email messages. Just can connect to the Lexmark
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.
Unfortunately, that printer doesnt work with Airprint, or Lexprint or Lexprint mobile ( all free apps for the ipad)

However, if you do want to be able to print from the ipad.. Then you can downlaod a 7 day trial of Fingerprint.

This needs to be downloaded to a pc that is currently connected to t he lexmark.

http://www.collobos.com/

Once downloaded, install the fingerprint software.. and at the end of the install, make sure to select launch fingerprint

It should then launch the actual program and ask you to select the printers.. Make sure to select your lexmark.

Now.. Once that is setup.. restart your ipad.. And then go to print something..

You should see a list of printers, that have a trafic light next to them. ( your lexmark printer)

Choose your printer, and you should be printing.

If you run into any issues, let me know!

Please remember to rate the effectiveness of the answer given before you go, as thats the only way it shows whether or not I was able to help you. Remember that in some cases you cant always repair or solve the issue, and in those cases getting a correct answer to your question is the best solution possible. If you feel like leaving a one or two star rating please contact me first so I can try and resolve the issue in a more effective manner.

Thanks, D.Sandlin
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I did all you suggested (buy Fingerprint/download). It all works. Thks.
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.
Your very welcome.

Im happy to hear you got it working in such a short time!

If you need anything further, please let me know.

Since everything is working, please choose one of the icons below to rate the service, and then click submit.

Thanks,

D.Sandlin
Dustin, Mac Enthusiast
Experience: 4 Years in the US Military working with Mac's and networking equipment