Apoligies for the delay in reply, we had a huge storm just pass through my area.
The following procedure is a special firmware recovery mode (DFU). It will re-install the operating system on the iOS device (iPad, iPhone, iPod touch) and then re-sync user data once it is done.
Make sure you have downloaded and installed the latest version of iTunes before attempting this:http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/
* Open iTunes on your computer
* Connect the iOS device directly to a USB port on the computer
* Turn off the iOS device (hold down the sleep/wake button on the top) until you see the red slider and slide the red slider across to the right OR
until the device simply shuts off, if locked up.
* Hold down the sleep/wake button (on the top) AND the home button (on the front)
for 10 seconds
* Release the sleep/wake button but CONTINUE to hold the home button, until...
* iTunes should pop up and tell you it’s found a device in recovery mode, click ok and continue along for the restore
If it doesn’t work the 1st time, start from the beginning and try again. If iTunes *still* doesn't recognize the device, plug it into a DIFFERENT USB port and try once more.
If you receive misc errors when attempting to install/uninstall or sync after installation, try temporarily disabling any anti-virus or firewall software you may be running.
Hopefully, this info will answer your question. If you continue to have questions on this topic, just reply back to this discussion. I will be more than happy to work with you further.
Thanks and good luck,
NOTE: The site has recently implemented a new rating and feedback system. Please be aware that you are rating my courtesy and service as a professional, and not other factors outside my control. If you have any questions whatsoever, or there is anything I can clarify for you, please temporarily bypass the rating system by clicking “Continue the Conversation” or "Reply To Expert". Clicking either of the lowest two options reflects poorly on me as a working individual
, so please reply to me if there is anything else I can do to help before choosing those options. I appreciate your patience on this matter.