Dustin, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Over a decade putting the missing byte back into Apple. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

My mobile me account was under one name and sign-on. I have

Customer Question

My mobile me account was under one name and sign-on. I have an iCloud account set up on my iTunes ID. Now, I cannot get them to merge. What can I do?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 years ago.
Welcome To JustAnswer!

My name is Dustin, And I am one of the Experts who will assist you today!

Did you first visit to move your account. Sign in, and then move? ( did you do so from a computer , and not a phone or ipad?)

If not, please do so now.. If you have already tried this method and couldnt get it to work.

I need t o know what device you are having this issue on.. An Iphone, Ipad, Mac, pc?

Dustin S.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
On the computer, I did the move. But my MobileMe account was set up under one name ([email protected]) and I had set up an iCloud account already under my iTunes account name (it was easier). So my computer recognizes the jelani name, and not the iTunes name. But my iPhone and iPad share information over the iCloud. To get my computer to recognize the iCloud, I need it to let go of the Jelani issue. I did the move; it did not work. To get my contacts back, I had to sync on iTunes. But I am afraid it will take the information from iCloud on the computer (that has no contacts) if I sync it like that again.
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 years ago.
The contacts.. Lets focus on them first..

Are these mail contacts, or contacts from your iphone / ipad?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Contacts from my iPhone/iPad.
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 years ago.
Thanks.. I thought as much..

Ok, before we do ANYTHING else.. Lets first make a backup of everyting you have on the ipad, and iphone.. This way, If anything goes wrong.. We have a working backup we can restore.

To backup each device.. Connect them one at a time to the computer with itunes.

Then in the device section, command click, or right click the name of your ipad or iphone in devices.. And then choose backup.. Once we have made a backup of each individually, let me know.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have backed the iPhone and iPad up.
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 years ago.

Ok.. You should be able to use two itunes or icloud accounts on the same pc.

let try this.. Open itunes, and then sign out of the current itunes account.. ( signing ouyt wont delete anything)

From Settings, choose Store. You can then sign out

then, sign back into the apple account associated with icloud..

Can you now sync the computer with the ipad / iphone ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I had already used iTunes to get my contact list back. My iPad and Iphone are connected with iTunes. But, my computer (like iCal) and my contact list on my computer are not meshing with my iPad and iphone because the computer itself is on Mobile Me and not iCloud. By the way, I do not remember my Mobile Me password. I really did not use it. Now that Mobile Me doesn't work anymore, I cannot even try to use it. Is it that my computer will not work with iCloud?
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 years ago.
If you cant remember or sign into mobile me.. ( because of the password)

Then the move wouldnt have worked..

When you tried to move at

did it accept the password you tried, or reject it?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It rejects the password. I cannot figure it out. I have used my usual suspects. I guess I am just ass out on this one. Thank you for your time. I guess I need to go to the Apple store.
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 years ago.
Have we tried resetting the password?

If not.. Lets try to reset the mobile me password at the link belw.

if you can reset the password for the mobile me account

We can then go to

and actually get it to work.. ( this is the same thing the Apple store is going to try to do)

So let me know if you can reset the password, or not.

Thanks Jackie,

Dustin S.