Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience:  7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

My screen has a gray layer over the page and wont let me use

My screen has a gray layer over the page and won't let me use the touch feature to move anything. I can still use google and change the screens but that's it. What can I do to fix this?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Before we start, please remember these things. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers didn’t worked or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer bad/negatively (First two left Stars/Faces/Ratings are Negatives) but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied.

You can reset your iPad and see if that works or not. Press and hold the Power button and the Home button at the same time for at least ten seconds. iPad will automatically restarts and return to home screen. If it not restarts after holding the button for 10 seconds, hold down the Power button and the Home button until it restart itself.

Let me know if that didn't worked, so we continue troubleshooting. Don't Rate my answer until you are satisfied.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Okay, I know you're going to think I'm an idiot but what's the home button?
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Home button is the Menu button, the round button on the front bottom of the screen.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

That brings up the keypad and when I lower the keypad it just leaves a gray screen with four icons at the bottom.

Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Does your iPad restarted automatically when you held down both buttons ?

Does this happens only in Safari ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It seems to have restarted but hasn't changed. I have checked and it is only happening in Safari.
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
In your iPad, goto Settings and tap Safari. Clear History and Cache from there. Does that worked ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I did that but when I bring up the internet page it's still gray. The page button at the top left doesn't let me change between pages either. That happened when the screen turned gray.
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Restore your iPad from iTunes on your computer. Connect your iPad to your computer and open iTunes. In iTunes, select your iPad and click the Restore. Let me know how it goes...
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't have a way to connect my ipad to my computer. When I pull up the itunes icon on the ipad there is no reset button or ipad option.
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
You have to restore it from iTunes on your computer, not on iPad.

Try this. In your iPad, goto Settings and tap General. Tap Reset. Tap Reset All Settings.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That did it! Thank you!
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Glad that worked. If you like my service, please rate me as "Excellent Service"

Let me know if you have any questions...
Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience: 7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc