CompExpert, Mac Specialist
Experience:  Apple Desktop/Laptops with 8 years exp. Apple Certified

I had an iPad with a broken screen I went into the Apple Store

Customer Question

I had an iPad with a broken screen I went into the Apple Store at Gateway in Salt Lake Last evening and they gave me a new iPad. When I got home to sync it it shows "no sim card". I think they didn't transfer my sim card from my old iPad. I don't know if they still have it or have they sent it somewhere, but obviously my email and wifi etc doesn't work.

Mark Howell
[email protected]

My appt was at 5:10 yesterday.
Category: Mac
Expert:  CompExpert replied 4 years ago.
make sure you update to the latest itunes version on your computer.

then restore your ipad with recovery mode.

here is how:

1.Attach the ipad to the pc
2.Turn the ipad off
3.Press and hold power. Keep holding power. As soon as you see display on the screen of any sort press and hold home button.
4.Hold power and home together for *exactly* 10 seconds
5.Release power but keep holding home until the pc beeps as a USB device is recognized.
6.At no point will the display come on. Now your restore should work.

after that open itunes on your computer, if you did the above steps correct,
itunes will stated that your ipad is in recovery mode and asked if you want to restore. click yes to restore.

test your ipad again after restored.

let me know if it working out for you. thanks
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have already done this. The Wifi works, but the cellular plan doesn't . It says no sim card.
give restore another try specially with recovery mode.

does your provider have sim card or non-simcard services?

ex: verizon network doesnt have simcard, AT&T and T-Mobile does have simcard.

simcard slot is on the side of the ipad, used a paperclip to removed it and see if the slot does have a sim card in there or not. if not bring it back and asked them for a sim card since they might forgot to put it in.

go here for picture of where sim card slot location is --->>>,1-K-290360-13.png
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I reached the Apple Store just now and they forgot to put in my Sim Card for my Verizon service, so I have to go back in get my Sim card. I don't think I should have to pay since this was Apples fault, not me.
yes, but we are not Apple company. we're we provide answer to your question.

since isn't my fault to give you the correct answer. rating me poor service would cost my profile feedback to drop which does make any sense at all.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
,I went to the Apple site to request information. My question was somehow forwarded to you. You have some relationship with Apple else I wouldn't have been automatically transferred to you.. Unfortunately by the time I figured out you weren't Apple I had already paid the $68 dollars. Thus I spent $68 and didn't get any real help till I go to the Apple store. Which is what I thought I had to do anyway.

In my first comment I said that I thought they hadn't given me a sim card. So I thought I knew the issue and in fact you finally told me what I had suspected but not in time to get it fixed today and I still have to make a 1 1/2 hour round trip to the Apple Store to get it fixed. Sorry you may have gotten the brunt of my frustration but you are connected with Apple somehow and I spent $68 for what?
I'm not sure how to get connected to us.

but Apple have their own support teams, like I said we're not related to Apple company.

we're as you can see in the url address bar even our logo is, we provides answer to your question in many categories such as computers, networking, automobile, vets, almost anything you could think of.

also, Apple have their 800 phone number.