MacTechTrainer
MacTechTrainer, Sr. Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple Certified Desktop & Portables Technician, A+, Cross-Platform (Mac/PC) Tech - for over 14 Years
15556539

Is there a way to have my new MacBook Air send wirelessly to

Is there a way to have my new MacBook Air send wirelessly to the TV what is showing on the computer screen?
Category: Mac
Expert:  MacTechTrainer replied 2 years ago.

MacTechTrainer :

Hello and thank you for asking your question, with JustAnswer.com/Mac. I am Sr. Mac Tech Support Specialist, Terry, glad to assist you.

MacTechTrainer :

As a professional Mac technician, I like to take more of a personable, personal approach, toward helping any valued JustAnswer.com customers, I am fortunate to assist.

MacTechTrainer :

On that note, may I start by asking your first name?

Customer:

Bernard

MacTechTrainer :

Greetings Bernard- pleasure to assist you. Once again, my name isXXXXX Support Specialist at your service

MacTechTrainer :

Now if I may ask Bernard, what TV brand and model are you referring to in regards XXXXX XXXXX wirelessly with you Macbook Air

MacTechTrainer :

and what content are you seeing to send wireless to your TV from your Macbook Air?

Customer:

I travel around the world and use may TVs, but normally they are flat screen and new. Mainly movies to watch on TV.

MacTechTrainer :

What you want to look into in that regard is the Apple TV

MacTechTrainer :

That is ideal for your travels Bernard, as it is only about about 3-4inches larger than a single slice of cheese

MacTechTrainer :

but it is very powerful

MacTechTrainer :

and has wireless AirPlay data and media transfer capabilities

Customer:

Very interesting, for I thought it was bulky and was heavy to carry in luggage

MacTechTrainer :

so you can view your movies via Apple TV onto your TV

MacTechTrainer :

not at all :)

Customer:

Sold! Thanks for the input. I am in Thiland on a small island and next week will be in rural Russia where electricity and running water is not normal to see, but Paris in August, so I will have to wait until then.

Customer:

Thanks for your help!

MacTechTrainer :

glad to be of service Bernard!

MacTechTrainer :

I am going to purchase one myself in a few months

Experience: Apple Certified Desktop & Portables Technician, A+, Cross-Platform (Mac/PC) Tech - for over 14 Years