iteachmac
iteachmac, The Duke!
Experience:  Mac help ,music midi expert, logic pro recording ,electrical installation ,ilife & all mac computing
28671728

Im trying to set up an iPad. It seems I need a router password.

I'm trying to set up an iPad. It seems I need a router password. I've tried the PIN, SIN and MAC ID codes on the bottom of my router (supplied by AOL previously in connection with my internet access and emails) - none seems to work. Can you advise please
Category: Mac
Expert:  iteachmac replied 2 years ago.

iteachmac :

Welcome ,I will give a full and clear answer to your question, please make sure to reply to any questions I have. They may be essential to my reply.

iteachmac :

HI ,

iteachmac :

I see the problem . ,

iteachmac :

We need to learn what settings your need , and what settings you dont need .

iteachmac :

On your router may be printed the detail you need .

iteachmac :

It may be small type , so look closely .

iteachmac :

SSID , if your routers name or WIFI name . The name of the LAN network it creates .

iteachmac :

this is the network you want to pick when joining a network .

iteachmac :

Password XXXXX key is the password XXXXX will be needed to join the above SSID .

iteachmac :

MAC ID , has nothing to do with your needs .

iteachmac :

SN or serial number , has nothing do to with your needs .

iteachmac :

IPAD forget networks , wifi

Sometimes you need to renew the DHCP on the ipad ..
Go to Settings / Wi-Fi Networks and tap blue arrow next to your home network. Select "Renew Lease" In the DHCP tab.

Forgetting the network can also help.
Go to Settings / Wi-Fi Networks and tap the blue arrow next to your home network.

This time tap "Forget this Network" and wait for your iPad to reconnect or add the SSID of your wifi routers name back in via Settings Wifi then enter the new password.

I hope this helps .

Thanks.

iteachmac, The Duke!
Experience: Mac help ,music midi expert, logic pro recording ,electrical installation ,ilife & all mac computing
Expert:  iteachmac replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  iteachmac replied 2 years ago.
You can read the above more easy now , and still reply .

Paul .