MacTechTrainer
MacTechTrainer, Sr. Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple Certified Desktop & Portables Technician, A+, Cross-Platform (Mac/PC) Tech - for over 14 Years
15556539

By an accident i cant open icloud of my ipad. I am nor able

Customer Question

By an accident i can't open icloud of my ipad. I am nor able to see if the icloud is closed and removed from the ipad.
Category: Mac
Expert:  MacTechTrainer replied 2 years ago.

MacTechTrainer :

Hello and thank you for asking your question, with JustAnswer.com/Mac. I am Sr. Mac Tech Support Specialist, Terry, glad to assist you.

Customer:

What shall I do?

MacTechTrainer :

When you say "by accident" you cannot open I cloud, may ask what actually happened to prevent your access to iCloud on your iPad?

MacTechTrainer :

Wait-

MacTechTrainer :

you have to allow us the opportunity to answer you

Customer:

OK

MacTechTrainer :

and it is not going to be as fast as you would like all the time, as this is troubleshooting

MacTechTrainer :

so please refrain from being so hasty to review work that has not even been started yet for you

MacTechTrainer :

thank you :)

MacTechTrainer :

(thank you in advance for your patience as I ask these investigative questions, as it is a necessary part of the isolating and troubleshooting of your technical issue)

Customer:

I have time to wait

MacTechTrainer :

Now please, if you would answer this question for me:

MacTechTrainer :

Customer:

Frakly I don't know. My biggest problem is that i can't see new pictures

MacTechTrainer :

Do you have a Mac or PC computer along with your iPad as well?

MacTechTrainer :

(bear with me, I am going somewhere with this)

Customer:

PC computer

MacTechTrainer :

What I am still unsure about when you say "by accident" are you implying at one time you did have access to your photos via iCloud in your iPad before this issue occurred?

MacTechTrainer :

because if this is the case, that is where I need to start with you -- to make sure iCloud is still showing within a certain setting with your iPad, so it can be activated if for any reason it is not

Customer:

Yes

MacTechTrainer :

Thanks for confirming that. In that case, try this for me first:

MacTechTrainer :

make sure you are on your iPad's main screen and select Settings

MacTechTrainer :

then scroll down a bit in the Settings window and locate iCloud

Customer:

OK

MacTechTrainer :

let me know when you are there

Customer:

Now

MacTechTrainer :

ok now in the iCloud screen, do you see your Account listed?

MacTechTrainer :

it should be in the form of your email address that you would have set up when you first activated your iCloud account

Customer:

Ok

MacTechTrainer :

do you see your email under Account?

Customer:

OK

MacTechTrainer :

Please answer these questions objectively with a "Yes or No" if you would, as that confirms to me more clearly that you have reached a location or completed a step

MacTechTrainer :

Ok is not sufficient in this case- thanks

Customer:

Yes

MacTechTrainer :

appreciate that- now click on your email address for a moment

MacTechTrainer :

and let me know if you see that the password XXXXX is filled with dots

MacTechTrainer :

(that is an assurance your iCloud account is indeed active)

Customer:

yES

MacTechTrainer :

excellent

MacTechTrainer :

now click the Done in the upper right side of your screen to return back to the main iCloud screen

Customer:

yES

MacTechTrainer :

and then scroll down and tell me if you see Photo Stream and confirm of it is turned to On

Customer:

Yes

MacTechTrainer :

good - that means that Photo Stream can automatically upload any new photos to iCloud and then download them to any of your Apple devices that are connected via Wifi

MacTechTrainer :

so now you can close out of your iCloud and settings screen and return back to your main desktop

MacTechTrainer :

screen

MacTechTrainer :

now if your PC is near, I need you to visit on your Pc

Customer:

Yes

MacTechTrainer :

www.icloud.com

MacTechTrainer :

and sign in

Customer:

Yes

MacTechTrainer :

so you can access it with no issues correct?

MacTechTrainer :

these are checks being performed to make sure you have web access to your iCloud via PC, as well as to make sure it is functional on your iPad

Customer:

Yes

MacTechTrainer :

then you are good to go in regards XXXXX XXXXX your photos to your iPad

MacTechTrainer :

so now that we know iCloud is very active on your iPad and Photo Stream is also turned on

MacTechTrainer :

where are your photos coming from

Customer:

I can't see the photos

MacTechTrainer :

Understood- so when I ask where are your photos coming from, what I am actually trying to determine is did you attempt to upload them

MacTechTrainer :

into your iPad?

MacTechTrainer :

or was there another source you were trying to get them into your iPad - like the iTunes program for example

Customer:

the photos comes from my PC

MacTechTrainer :

and were those photos from your desktop, a folder with photos in them, or from a Windows program specifically- like Windows Photo Gallery for example?

MacTechTrainer :

here I need a specific answer (not yes or no)

Customer:

Picasa 3

MacTechTrainer :

Ok let me check that program and iCloud to see how the sync to your iPad would be performed via iCloud if this is possible

MacTechTrainer :

please allow me about 5 mins to check this for you

MacTechTrainer :

be right back and thanks for being great in following my leading questions here--

MacTechTrainer :

Thanks for your patience

MacTechTrainer :

there are two links I want you to have

MacTechTrainer :

one is an iCloud FAQ page, that I want you to access and bookmark in your web browser (or use Favorites if in Internet Explorer)

MacTechTrainer :

because it is a good reference for how to effectively use iCloud's Photo Stream for future reference

MacTechTrainer :

Link - iCloud: Photo Stream FAQ

MacTechTrainer :

Now for immediate access to managing Photo Stream for your photos on your PC, so they can be imported into your iPad

MacTechTrainer :

I need you to download this application from Apple for windows users

MacTechTrainer :

This second link I need you to access now

MacTechTrainer :

and download and then install it on your PC

MacTechTrainer :

let me know when you have

MacTechTrainer :

are you getting all this new information ?

MacTechTrainer :

Hello, still with me?

MacTechTrainer :

we are almost done

MacTechTrainer :

Hello?

MacTechTrainer :

I am not sure if you are still in our session, but I am going to resume

MacTechTrainer :

Your Picasa 3 program is not going to work for getting photos uploaded to your iPad

MacTechTrainer :

you have to install the iCloud Control Panel for Windows onto your PC as I instructed above

MacTechTrainer :

because it is that iCloud Control Panel, that is your main location for getting photos from your PC uploaded via Wifi into your iPad

Customer:

Ok then I must use Windows photo galleri

MacTechTrainer :

No

MacTechTrainer :

that won't work either

MacTechTrainer :

I was only using Windows Photo Gallery as an example of trying to have you tell me where your photos on your PC were located

MacTechTrainer :

you answered that for me by telling me you had your photos in Picase

MacTechTrainer :

"Picasa"

MacTechTrainer :

so now I know where your photos are

MacTechTrainer :

I have to get them to the right location on your PC now,

MacTechTrainer :

so you CAN see those same photos in your iCloud

MacTechTrainer :

so to continue, please proceed to download and install iCloud Control Panel for Windows v 1.1

MacTechTrainer :

follow the steps in installing this iCloud tool for your PC as it is going to be the heart of not just storing and uploading photos from your PC

MacTechTrainer :

but for storing all of your bookmarks, contacts and more from your iPad as well

MacTechTrainer :

let me know when you are done installing the iCloud for Contol Panel for Windows software

MacTechTrainer :

I will standby

Customer:

It is now installed

MacTechTrainer :

go ahead open the program

MacTechTrainer :

it should look like this when you open the iCloud control panel

MacTechTrainer :

Full Size Image

MacTechTrainer :

to see an enlarged view of that screen shot above, just click Full Size Image below the imae

MacTechTrainer :

"image" -sorry

MacTechTrainer :

Once you are in the iCloud Control Panel, make sure that Photo Stream is selected

MacTechTrainer :

and then click Options to the right of Photo Stream

MacTechTrainer :

let me know when you have done this

Customer:

Now it is done

MacTechTrainer :

Good. Now have you clicked Options ?

MacTechTrainer :

and if so, do you see this pop up window:

MacTechTrainer :

Full Size Image

MacTechTrainer :

(remember to click the Full Size Image link below screen shot, to see an enlarge view of my screen shot)

Customer:

It is installed. but I don't see the pop up window

Customer:

But I an see another window where there is a quiston about installing I cloud

MacTechTrainer :

Ok yes, yes

MacTechTrainer :

do you see the Install button down on the right side?

MacTechTrainer :

I am sorry, I just realized you said it is already installed

MacTechTrainer :

when you see the window with the question about installing- is it in essence asking you to install iCloud again?

Customer:

I now see the picture You asked about, but I can,t upload or download it.

MacTechTrainer :

you are not going to upload it-

MacTechTrainer :

just yet

MacTechTrainer :

you have to know where to upload it first

MacTechTrainer :

so going back one step

MacTechTrainer :

are you in the iCloud Control Panel at this time?

MacTechTrainer :

I am going to guide you from there first

Customer:

No

MacTechTrainer :

Do you need help with getting that iCloud Panel open first?

Customer:

Ni I am now in the control panel now

MacTechTrainer :

Great

MacTechTrainer :

now do you see Photo Stream?

Customer:

Yes

MacTechTrainer :

make sure the check box is checked

MacTechTrainer :

and then click the Options...

MacTechTrainer :

button

MacTechTrainer :

you will or should see this

MacTechTrainer :

Full Size Image

MacTechTrainer :

this is a very important view

Customer:

Nothing happens when I click the options button

MacTechTrainer :

have you already checked the Photo Stream check box first?

MacTechTrainer :

that is what should activate the Options button

Customer:

What is the check box

MacTechTrainer :

Full Size Image

MacTechTrainer :

This is the section you should be looking at within your iCloud Control Panel. Do you see this?

Customer:

Yes

MacTechTrainer :

Good

MacTechTrainer :

and now that you do, from the screen shop picture I provided above

MacTechTrainer :

is Photo Stream checked?

Customer:

Yes

MacTechTrainer :

Now can you click the Options box to the right?

MacTechTrainer :

You are so close to getting this process completed and I really appreciate your patience

MacTechTrainer :

but I need quicker responses from you now

MacTechTrainer :

so I can help you get through this

MacTechTrainer :

if you are preoccupied with other details now-- I completely understand and respect that and would suggest, if you need to come back to this session, simply bookmark this page in your web browser

MacTechTrainer :

and then you can come back and send me a post and I will be alerted you are online and looking for me

MacTechTrainer :

otherwise, if you wish to continue, we don't have much further to go

MacTechTrainer :

and I really need you to be comfortable with how to use the iCloud Control Panel now installed on your PC for uploading your photos, which is easier than you may think

Customer:

OK

MacTechTrainer :

So once again, is the Options button to the right of the Photo Stream selection, now clickable?

Experience: Apple Certified Desktop & Portables Technician, A+, Cross-Platform (Mac/PC) Tech - for over 14 Years
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Excellent service, all is now correct.Thank You.

Thank you for the Accept Mogens! I hope the information I provided you, has helped you resolve your Mac technical issue.

However, please be sure to keep in mind: An "Accept" is not the end of the session, especially if you still have questions or you find your issue is still not resolved after accepting my initial answer.

So please, feel free to reply again, if you still have questions regarding the question I just answered for you.

Thank you for using JustAnswer.com!

Sincerest Regards,

-Terry ("Mactechtrainer")