Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience:  worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products
51110040

I have a problem wity notes. I had several pages of notes

Customer Question

I have a problem wity notes. I had several pages of notes during June. When I entered notes today, July 1, the popped up momentarily and disappeared leaving only a new page with todays date. I am unable to retrieve my three pages of information, even when I touch the arrow on the bottom. Please help, because the information is important. xxxx
Category: Mac
Expert:  Vinod Menon replied 4 years ago.
Hi
Let's try a reset first. Press and hold the power button and the home button together until you see an apple logo.
Let me know whether this resolves your issue.
Rate me only after we finish our conversation.
Thank you
Vinod
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I pressed the power button (off botton on right side, together with the home button (on the left rim) and the slide button to shut down the the Ipad appeared. Should I shut down the Ipad?
Don't slide to power off
Keep on holding the power button and the home button for 5-15 sec
The iPad will go off and come back on with the apple
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I did as you suggested but it did not solve the problem. What else can I do to retrieve my important information?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have been waiting a long time to hear from you again about my problem with "Notes". What am I to expect?,I did as you suggested but it did not solve the problem. What else can I do to retrieve my important information?
Have you synced the iPad to the comPuter before this problem happened?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
You have not solo ed my problem.
Hello Jack,
I understand that I did not solve your problem. I would really feel the same if I had been in your situation.
Unfortunately, there is no other solution available...I would really recommend you to try a restore from backup. That is the only hope we have.
Have you synced your ipad to the computer before this issue happened?
If so, your notes would be backed up to the computer.
Open itunes in the computer and connect the ipad. Your ipad name would now be listed to the left side of the itunes, below "devices". RIGHT click on the ipad name and select "restore from backup.
Please rate me only after we finish our conversation.