Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

RA - 211

Customer Question

I am having problems with my Macbook pro. when it starts up it shows a white screen for a while and then a picture of a file with a flashing question mark on it. I tried repairing the HDD but it doesn't appear it gives 0Gb. Please help
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Put the current operating system disk in (the disk that came with your computer unless you have upgraded, in that case use the new system disk) and restart holding down the letter C key until you see the Apple logo. Choose your language then you get to the install screen DO NOT INSTALL, you will see at the top of the screen a Utilities menu drop down. Go the Disk Utility, Highlight your hard drive (usually Macintosh HD) and click on Verify Disk on the right. If that is OK and only if that is OK click on Repair Permissions. If Verify Disk is not OK try to Repair. If Repair is successful then Repair Permissions if it is not successful let me know.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Macintosh HD doesn't appear as if there is no Internal Hard drive thats what I'm saying,, I already tried what you said before and didn't help