Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

I have a new MacBook pro, need to recover my apple Id first,

I have a new MacBook pro, need to recover my apple I'd first, then reset my password, can you assist me?
Not sure what you mean by "recover" Go to:

and select

Find Out.

Let me know if that is what you needed.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ok Mike I am trying to figure out how to get my id on this new Mac? All it tells me is : to reset password XXXXX must first use my apple ID to subsequently reset my password? What do I do please? I'm now very tired and frustrated. Thanks
I'm sorry so you have an AppleID that you use on the phone for email and App Store etc... and you don't know the password XXXXX sign in to the new laptop, where are you putting that info in and it is asking you that or was it from the link I sent you? Can you clarify?
Sorry I see you started a new question, don't use that one this was the orignal, thanks.