Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

I cant get the setup page to open. What do I need to do to

I can't get the setup page to open. What do I need to do to be able to continue to the Home page?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hold the Sleep and Menu buttons together until you see the Apple Logo. Let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
which are the two buttons? Doesn't seem to matter whicgh buttons I press.
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
These two:

graphic
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Any luck?
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
If you are satisfied, please kindly Accept and provide OK Rating - or Above. Thanks. If not please Reply to Expert and let me know, I am here until we can fix the problem.
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Why did you Rate me Poor Service? I asked if that worked or not, how can I give ANY service with no information? Can you tell me what happened?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It is as my question posed, to get the iPad started working properly on the setup page and then on to the home Page.
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Sorry I misunderstood you mentioned holding down buttons I thought you were trying to restart it. So this is a new iPAd 3 and you need to setup correct?
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Before we start the steps, you need download iTunes to your computer. If you already have iTunes, you need to make sure you update it to at least version or it won't recognize your iPad 3. You'll need it once you get everything synced with iTunes.

Step 1: Connect your iPad 3 to your computer using the USB that comes with the device. Your iPad 3 will be detected automatically and set up will begin.

Step 2: Pick "Register Later" on the Welcome screen and agreeing to the user agreement. Then log on to your iTunes account and then the iTunes will show welcome to your new iPad as show below.

graphic

Step 3: At this time, select "Set up as a new iPad" and continue. Then you will come to a place that you have to start making some decisions. Here you can selectively sync your apps and media. Media is best synced manually, for the space issues we mentioned above. You can autofill songs from playlists, or drag them in one by one from your iTunes library.

graphic

Once you’re all set up, you can disconnect your device and move over to the Settings menu, where you can set up wallpaper options. And that’s it.

Let me know if that is the information you needed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It is an iPad2, not 3. I have donne aas you said and connected it too my computer but the screen for setup hasd stil not appeared.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I connected MY IpAD 2 TO MY COMPUTER BUT THEV SETUO SCREEN HAS STILL NOT APPEARED. ,It is an iPad2, not 3. I have donne aas you said and connected it too my computer but the screen for setup hasd stil not appeared.
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Did you install iTunes and open it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
iT IS NOT YIOUR FAULT. wE HAVE FOUND THE TABLET TI BE DEFECTIVE AND ARE RETURNING IT. yIU TRIED AND YOU WERE CIRRECT YIU DID MISUNDERSTAND WHAT i NEEDED BUT THAT MY BE MY FAUKLT. mAYBEI was not claear enough. Collect your $38 as you did what ever you could under the circumstances. Tghen I need to cancel the account.
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Ok sorry and thank you that is very kind of you. Many people never even come back after I have solved their problem.

Mike, Mac Medic
Experience: Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.