Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience:  7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

i am locked out of my ipad and i dont know how to get it back...it

i am locked out of my ipad and i dont know how to get it back...it says to go to itunes and i did...i don know what to do from there.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Before we start, please remember these things. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers didn’t worked or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer bad/negatively (First two left Stars/Faces/Ratings are Negatives) but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied.

You have to restore your iPad from iTunes on your computer. You can restore it by putting it to DFU (Device Firmware Upgrade) Mode. DFU Mode is a mode which will allow you to restore your iPad to working condition. Put your iPad to DFU (Device Firmware Upgrade) Mode and restore it from iTunes. Follow the steps below to put your iPad to DFU Mode;

• Connect the iPad to your computer with the USB Cable.
  • Open iTunes application on your computer
  • On your iPad Press and hold the Home button and the Sleep/Wake button at the same time.
  • After exactly 8 seconds release the Sleep/Wake button. Continue holding the home button until your iTunes shows a message telling you that it has detected an iPad in recovery mode.
  • Click OK or Restore

Note : Put it to DFU Mode while connected to computer and also in DFU Mode your iPad will remain blank.

Let me know if that didn't worked, so we continue troubleshooting. Don't Rate my answer until you are satisfied.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you so much...but I didn't get it to work...can you continu helping me?
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Sorry for the delay...At which step do you have trouble doing it ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm not sure which buttons to press and I tried a combination of them all....none worked....sorry I take so long in replying....
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
See picture below for buttons;
graphic
Timing is critical when you put it to DFU Mode. Also put it to DFU Mode while the iPad is connected to the computer.

You can refer this video to put it to DFU Mode : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bITIiGswjFI

(The video is for iPhone, but it is the same procedure for iPad too)

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thank you for your patience...and the video...it will not go into dui mode....it only says connect to itunes...... do i need it connected to the pc so i can safe the info? im not worried about loosing any info...do i still need to connect it to the pc? i had last night but this morning i disconnected the usb cable from the pc
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Yes, you have to connect it to PC. Then only you will be able to put it to DFU Mode. Again, you can only put it to DFU Mode if you connected it to your PC. You have to restore it from your PC.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok...im doing that...i'll tell you if it doenst work....your really nice..thanks
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
No Problem :)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
is it on mode when i see a little apple icon? ... then it goes away and the same screen comes on...sorry its taking so long
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.

In DFU mode the screen will be blank. Try again...remember timing is important when you put it to DFU

If that didn't worked, then connect your iPad to your PC and then hold down both buttons until it shows a USB cable pointing to iTunes icon. Then open iTunes on your PC and restore it.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
I GOT IT TO CLEAR ITSELF...but it needs a password XXXXX i have no idea where to get it from and im afraid to lock myself out again.
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Were you able to restore it successfully ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes.... but i'll go ahead and rate you....im taking to long on this... i really appreaciated you time. Have a nice day
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
When you restored, you will get two options. Restore From Backup or Setup it as new iPad. Make sure you've chosen Setup it as new iPad or the password XXXXX be there.

If you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer bad/negatively. First two left Stars/Faces/Ratings are Negatives. If you are satisfied, you can rate me as OK Service or more.
Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience: 7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc