Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.
19098653

I upgraded to Lion and lost all my personal financial records

I upgraded to Lion and lost all my personal financial records in Quicken and can no longer use my remote desktop connection. Any way I can go back to Leopard?

Hello, my name is Dan.

My home is close to Lake Ontario in New York State in the Eastern time zone, I am generally online between 10 AM and 11 PM Eastern standard Time.

If I do not respond right away to your reply, rest assured that I am not ignoring you, I am probably assisting other customers and/or doing research, I will be with you as soon as I can.

I will continue to work on your problem until it is either resolved or you give up.

The only stupid question is the one not asked. Some may seem silly but never stupid.

Yes, you can but it isn't as easy as you might think.

A lot depends on if you have Time Machine or another backup that has a copy of what it was before the upgrade.

A better solution may be to upgrade Quicken.

This article explains how one person did it, a bit round about but it works.

How to convert an older Quicken data file to use on Mac OS 10.7 Lion | The Best Parts

Or this is where you can get a Lion version of Quicken cheap.

Quicken® Mac 2007 Personal Finance Software - Mac Financial Software

If you still what more help with Lion or reverting to Snow Leopard please let me know.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I did not receive an answer as to how to go back to Leopard. I did follow your links and was able to download Quicken 2007 re-engineered for Lion to get back my financials, but got no answer in regard to my inablility to connect with my office computer which I used to do with Remote Desktop Connection.
Apple Remote Desktop 3.5.2 Admin I suggest this update, it is supposed to make ARD once again workable in Lion.
It has been reported to fix this issue.
Sorry I did not include that before, I did not quite get that when I read your question.
If you still want to revert to Snow Leopard it can be done. It isn't as easy as it sounds and having a backup prior to the jump to Lion is almost required for acceptable results. There are ways to reconfigure Lion to make it more useable.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I had not previously purchased Apple Remote Desktop for $79. I was using a free download. Therefore the update you referenced was not useful to me and would not download to my disc, but thank you anyway. I was able to purchase the $15 Quicken 2007 fix and get my Quicken files back.
Half a loaf is better than no loaf.
You might try LogMeIn or a different service like that, LogMeIn has a free version, not real fast but usable.
I use Teleport, works nice from my iPad, haven't tried from my laptop yet.

See if those will work for you.