Techie_Ben
Techie_Ben, Software Engineer
Experience:  10+ years in hardware/software experience
8287049

I get Fatal Error 2124 every time I try to install Rosetta

I get Fatal Error 2124 every time I try to install Rosetta Stone - it ran fine for several months. I have uninstalled the program and emptied the trash and tired reinstalling to no avail. Can you help?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Techie_Ben replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the question. I would suggest that you re-download Adobe Flash and Adobe Air to attempt to resolve the problem. You can get the free Flash Player here, and Air here. Please download and install these applications and reboot your machine, then try Rosetta Stone again to see if there is any change in behavior. Please let me know if you have any questions and I will be happy to assist further. Thanks again!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I can not get the adobe flash player to download

What happens when you download and try to install it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
absolutely nothing
Can you try downloading through this page if you haven't already, and let me know what happens once you click the "Download Now" button?
Techie_Ben, Software Engineer
Experience: 10+ years in hardware/software experience
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I tried that .. nothing
Which browser are you using? Did Adobe Air download ok?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Neither did. Using safari...
Interesting. The only thing I can suggest is try using FireFox to see if there is any change in behavior. You can get FireFox here.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
that won't download either
It sounds like there may be some permissions problem on the system then. Can you tell me what version of OS X you are using? You can get this information by clicking the Apple logo on the top left corner of your screen and selecting "About This Mac". Thanks,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
10.7.4
Thanks. Can you please go to the spotlight search using the magnifying glass on the top right corner of your screen, and typing disk utility

Once disk utility is open, select your hard drive on the left side, and then click "Repair Disk Permissions" on the lower middle portion of the page. Once that has completed, try downloading again (either FireFox, Air, Flash) to see if there is any change in behavior. Thanks again,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I got both firefox and flash player to download
Very good. So at this point, you should download and install Adobe Air and try Rosetta Stone again after restarting your machine.