Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I have copied some VHS recordings to imovies using Roxio easy

Customer Question

I have copied some VHS recordings to imovies using Roxio easy VHS to DVD. The copies went into imove with no problem but trying to burn a DVD is proving impossible. iDVD burns the first 6 minutes and then stops. I tried copyng to toast which again went well but again trying to burn a DVD copies the first 6 minutes and stops. Are you able to help.
Regards
Jon
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Are these home VHS or retail moviess?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Sorry for the delay in replying.
The first videos were retails videos but then I tried home video. Again it copies ti imovie ok but burning the dvd and error message comes up saying:

The drive reported an error:
Sense Key=Medium error
Sense Code=0x0C
write error

when I click OK I get told the disc failed to write.
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
First I need some information and I also want you to check some things that may or may not be affecting the situation :

Please go to the Apple logo on the upper left of the screen, go to About This Mac (DO NOT Select More Info), and tell me the Version (under Mac OS X), the Processor and the Memory, it is all right there.

Click on the first icon in the Dock the "Finder", then click on Go at the top of the screen, you will see a drop down menu, go to Utilities. When that opens double click on the application called Disk Utility. When Disk Utility opens you will see your hard drive (usually Macintosh HD) on the left. Highlight your hard drive and click on Verify Disk on the far right. If that is OK in green type, then click on Repair Permissions on the left.

Note: If Verify Disk is not OK try to Repair. If Repair is successful then Repair Permissions if it is not successful let me know.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
OS X 10.6.8
2.8 GHz Intel Core i7
12GB 1067 MHz DDR3

All done and permissions repair complete.

I assume I now try again with the iDVD?
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Yes
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Any luck?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Again sorry for the delay.
Unfortunately iDVD still not working properly. Not sure what to do now.

regards

Jon
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Try to burn a disk image instead
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Sorry that was not an answer yet
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I am being asked by 'Just answer' to rate you. I thought I was still waiting to hear from you as the last response I got told me that was not the answer.
I was also not impressed with 'Just Answer' as when I asked the initial question it was under a deal for $90 but they then took $106 from my credit card as well to pay a monthly fee when I never asked to join.
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
I don't know about your account but I was waiting for you to reply my last suggestion which was to try to save a disk image instead. Didn't you get that?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have not tried this yet as I got a reply from you saying trying to burn a disc image but was immediately followed by another message that said 'Sorry that was not an answer yet.'
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Because I accidentally clicked the Answer button, sorry. I still wanted you to try that.
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Still need help?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Please can I put this on hold for 6 weeks and get back to you as I can't do it until then.
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Sure, come back when ready