Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.

RA cdc

Customer Question

I have a 2011 Mac mini with the dc mod for car use I want to know how to install the new power button kit from carnetix and how to connected it to the carnetix psi p2140?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.
Hello, my name is Dan.
I will do my best to help you, the only stupid question is the unasked one.

I think you have the wrong unit.
The MacPac is CNX-CA-P1900, if you have the Intel model you also need the resister pack.

Carnetix is pleased to announce the only "plug-and-play" power cable solution for the Apple Mac mini and your CarComputer application! The "MacPac" power cable kit connects your mini to the CNX-CA-P1900 DC-DC regulator to provide a quick and simple automotive installation. You are no longer required to cut and splice your Apple AC adapter (brick). The MacPac provides a pre-wired cable between the P1900 and the Mac mini, and includes all power and control signals necessary for full automatic startup and shutdown of the mini. The MacPac is fully compatible with the original Mac mini as well as the new Intel-based mini. (Note: Users of the CNX-P1900 V2.0 regulator and Intel-based mini will need to add a "resistor mod" to their P1900.

The MacPac kit includes a Y-cable adapter that is installed between the mini's power button and the motherboard. This allows you continue to use the original Mac mini power button as well as the P1900. The MacPac and Y-cable allow you to easily remove the Mac mini from the car so that you can take the mini inside for software tweaking or updates. When indoors simply use the AC adapter that came with your mini.

The MacPac also provides access to the P1900 secondary output, DelayOn amp control, and ground via seperate wires.

MSRP $29.99USD

Also the P2140 is for the AOPac or Open Pandora and not compatible with the Mini.
Look at what I sent.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The MacPac Power Cable Kit For the Mac Mini For Mac Mini Models Manufactured March 2009 to June 2010 (Excludes Unibody Mac Mini), I have a 2011 unibody Mac mini that's why I had to do the internal dc mod and the p2140 works for the Mac mini. The 2011 Mac mini power button kit is different then the old 1 gen mini I want to know how to install the Mac mini power button kit for the 2011 Mac mini and what wire from the p2140 output to connected to the power button kit and what jumper setting.
Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.
I think you need to ask them, it is their product. You do know it will void the warranty?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Other.
My question was not answer