MacTechTrainer
MacTechTrainer, Sr. Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple Certified Desktop & Portables Technician, A+, Cross-Platform (Mac/PC) Tech - for over 14 Years
15556539

my ipad keeps asking for a passcode but ive never used one

Customer Question

my ipad keeps asking for a passcode but ive never used one now it is saying connect to itunes but itunes keeps saying put in your passcode
Category: Mac
Expert:  MacTechTrainer replied 4 years ago.

MacTechTrainer :

Hello and thank you for asking your question, with JustAnswer.com/Mac. I am Sr. Mac Tech Support Specialist, Terry, glad to assist you.

MacTechTrainer :

Does your iPad currently have a screen that pops up asking for the passcode at this time?

MacTechTrainer :

Are you able to respond ok-

Customer :

no now its saying ipad disabled connect to itunes

MacTechTrainer :

Sorry, I meant are you able to reply to this chat

MacTechTrainer :

I just notice your reply, so now I see you can

Customer :

yes i am

MacTechTrainer :

As a professional Mac technician, I like to take more of a personable, personal approach, toward helping any valued JustAnswer.com customers, I am fortunate to assist.

MacTechTrainer :

On that note, may I start by asking your first name?

Customer :

richard

MacTechTrainer :

Greetings Richard, again my name is Terry, Sr. Mac Support, glad to be of service:)

MacTechTrainer :

So to make sure I understand-- your iPad is asking for a passcode to allow you access into the device itself, or does that passcode request come up when you are attempting to connect via a computer, with the iPad, to iTunes?

Customer :

both

MacTechTrainer :

got it

MacTechTrainer :

When you purchased the iPad from the retailer you purchased it from, there was no passcode on it at that time correct?

Customer :

i purchased from i mate but he said he never used i passcode

MacTechTrainer :

Ah-

MacTechTrainer :

in that case, what you are going to need to do is perform a restore through itunes so you can set up this iPad according your own specifications

MacTechTrainer :

and can I safely assume that this is what you have been trying to do Richard, but iTunes is not letting you?

Customer :

yes

MacTechTrainer :

bear with me for a few minutes Richard, I have just the procedure I want to provide you to help you here

Customer :

hello

MacTechTrainer :

First, make sure your iPad is turned on and pluggedvinto your computer with iTunes running,

- Then do a forced reboot by holding the Sleep/Wake button and Home screen button down for about 10 seconds.

- Once it starts rebooting let go off both buttons.

- As soon as your iPad reboots and the Apple logo appears, press and keep holding down the home screen button while your iPad keeps booting up.

- This forces your iPad to boot in a recovery mode. At that point, iTunes will now be able to connect to your iPad and you can now properly restore it.

Let me know if this helps

MacTechTrainer :

I see you are offline. When you are back online however, just reply back to this session, I will be alerted, whether I am online or off and will be able to assist you further.

MacTechTrainer :

Thanks for posting your question, I look forward to assisting you shortly.

MacTechTrainer :

Regards,

MacTechTrainer :

-Terry ("MacTechTrainer")