DrQuickBooksQuicken
DrQuickBooksQuicken, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  As an Advanced Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor, 10% of my clients use Macs with a variety of Apple OS and software.
48038876

I am using QE for Mac OS 7 Lion.

I am using QE for Mac OS 7 Lion. Whenever I click on Spending Cloud or Category Summery and some other links under Reports, QE crashes and asks me to send in a crash report, which I did several times. What gives??
Category: Mac
Expert:  CompExpert replied 2 years ago.
hi,

make sure to install to the latest Quicken --->>> http://quicken.intuit.com/support/help/patching/how-to-update-quicken/GEN82536.html

then try to repair your database

1. Click on File on the top menu bar, then select File Operations > Validate & Repair (In 2010 choose Validate).
  2. If you are currently in the data file you would like to validate, it will already be selected. If you want to validate a different file, then you will need to click Browse to locate that data file.
  3. Put a check next to Validate file.
  4. If you are experiencing investment-related issues, put a check next to Rebuild investing lots and Delete investing price history.
  5. Click OK.

try that out and see if it workout for you.

CompExpert, Mac Specialist
Experience: Apple Desktop/Laptops with 8 years exp. Apple Certified
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
First of all there is no file operations or validate or anything like that on the menu bar. To the left of the screen is a menu with TOOLS, ACCOUNTS, REPORTS. Under TOOLS there is a list: Overview, Transactions, Scheduled Transactions, Last Download, Category Explorer, and Accounts Summary. If I click on Overview, QE crashes.
The other choices don't crash. Under REPORTS are the choices Spending Cloud, Category Summary, This Month, Last Month, Spending Over Time, Tax Schedule.
If I click on any of those except This Month and Last Month, QE crashes.
Now I attempted to update QE by going to the site you gave me. But it wants to know what version I have. I have QE 1.7.1 which is not listed.
Also on the top menu bar, under FILE, there is no File Operations. Therefore there is no Validate & Repair.
What it sounds like to me is you gave me instructions for fixing QE in Windows 7.
My operating system is MAC OS 7 LION. I do not accept your answer!
okay,

check this, open quickbooks essential

File
menu select Utilities and then select Verify Data
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Under the FILE menu, there is no choice UTILITIES! Therefore there is no choice to VERIFY DATA! YOU ARE NOT WORKING WITH A MACINTOSH COMPUTER!
im sorry.

let me opted out and open this question to other expert.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK Get me a Mac expert.
Expert:  Lindie-mod replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic. Your Professional has opted out and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find another Professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have just gotten back online. I am willing to try one more expert, but it has to be one familiar with the MAC OS 7 and iMac computers.

Sometimes, finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly
Expert:  DrQuickBooksQuicken replied 2 years ago.
Have you tried reinstalling the program? It sounds like the program is corrupted.
Experience: As an Advanced Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor, 10% of my clients use Macs with a variety of Apple OS and software.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have already given feedback and a rating. Unfortunately, it went to CompExpert instead of DrQuickBooksnQuicken. He is the one who should get the $38.

Now, I am satisfied with the expert, DrQuickBooksnQuicken. His solution worked!
CompExpert kept giving me instructions for Windows 7. I have MacOS 7.

Everything is working fine, I'm done and I'm satisfied. Take my $38 and give it to somebody. And leave me alone, please. I will not reply to anymore e-mails.