David, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  BSc, H.Dip, Apple Certified
39216975

Iphone. need to transfer some music files from my wifes Gateway

Iphone. need to transfer some music files from my wifes Gateway compter to her Iphone. i created a library on the computer, but i can not find a way to transfer. how to do this??
Category: Mac
Expert:  David replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name is David.

Does the iPhone appear in the iTunes left sidebar when you connect it via USB?

Click it and use the tabs at the top to configure your sync options and click Apply in the bottom right.

Please get back to me if this doesn't solve it.

Kind regards,
David.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes, I select the Owners Iphone, go to File, select Sync Owner's Iphone.
i get some text bar on top, it runs thru 4 steps very quickly, maybe 5 seconds
then it is done
i have created several playlist on the computer
i do not see them on the Iphone
i do not see the music files i have on the computer

what i am doing wrong?
Expert:  David replied 2 years ago.

Click the iPhone in the sidebar, then the music tab at the top. Set it to sync the entire library or whatever playlists you want and click Apply in the bottom right.

Regards,
David.
David, Mac Support Specialist
Experience: BSc, H.Dip, Apple Certified
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
that is what i am doing
owners iphone on side bar of Itunes, on the computer
then select the Music tab on top,
the text box has entire music library selected
i hit sync on the lower right hand side of the screen
it runs thru a sync very quickly, 5 seconds, then nothing changes on the iphone

is some thing locked on the iphone that is preventing this sync to happen??
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
need answer
Expert:  Vinod Menon replied 2 years ago.
Hi

I am Vinod. I will try my best to help you resolve this issue.

Are you able to play the songs from iTunes in the computer?

Thank you
Vinod
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i have not tried this. i have a an compaq computer with a Ipod Nano that i bounce music back and forth on all the time. this is the first time on my wife's Iphone.. her computer seems fine
i am doing anything the same
the sync does not apper to be happenign to the iphone
i am thinking something is blocked or locked on the Iphone
i do not use Iphones, i have blackberries from work, so this is not smooth
i will check on and email you back
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes, music playing off Itunes on the computer. the music and playlists are NOT showing up on the Iphone
Thank you for the info..:)

Let's check some settings here.

Click on the iPod name listed to the left side if iTunes, below "devices". Now to the middle of the screen, you will find tabs such as summary, info, music etc.

Click on summary.

There, you will find options such as "sync only checked songs", "manually manage music etc". What all options are selected there?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
TEXT BOX

Sync Music on the top is NOT clicked

the Entire music library is checked

if I check on the Sync Music box on the top, it asks me "if i am sure i want to do that as all my wife's music on her Owner's Iphone willbe removed and replaced with the songs and playlists form your Itunes library". is this safe to do??
That is fine. What it will do is delete all songs in the phone and replace it with songs in the iTunes library. Isn't that what you need?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i did transfer all of the purchased songs from my wife's phone over to the computer, so i am guess i am safe, correct????
Yes, if everything is in the computer, we're safe.:)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
success, thank you. do you have time for anothe question on MY Ipod? when i sync my Ipod with my compaq computer, the songs are there, but the Playlists on the Itunes computer does NOT show up after the Sync. suggestions??
Good to know that..:)

Which option is selected for the iPod? Sync entire music library or selected playlists?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the selected playlist option is checked
Make sure the playlist you want to sync is checked and then click on apply/sync.