Techie_Ben, Software Engineer
Experience:  10+ years in hardware/software experience

In transferring files of documents, photos, and music from

Customer Question

In transferring files of documents, photos, and music from a PC to a new Mac Pro 13", it seems I have two identities. The one I set up and a second that appeared with the transfer. There is no data left on the source PC. I cannot locate any photos, or music or word files that were supposedly transferred. I have installed Office Mac. Can you tell me where to find these, or what to do next? Desperately need help.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Techie_Ben replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for the question. If the files are on the Mac, you should be able to find them by doing a spotlight search for one of the file names. You can press CMD+Spacebar, or click the magnifying glass on the very top right corner of the screen. If you do find a file in the search, click "Show All in Finder" at the top of the search, which will open a window containing all the files that were found in the search. You can then right-click one of the files and select "Open Enclosing Folder" to find the folder the file is in.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I did that. Investment came up and I clicked. Only a calendar date came up. I checked last night further, and my PC still has the iTunes music and some documents but absolutely NO photos. However, my screen saver and migration bookmarks were there. I don't know what to make of this. Looks like an incomplete transfer, but where are the photos?
Can you tell me how the transfer was done?