Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience:  worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products
51110040

l changed my passcode and dont remeber it how do i fix thi

l changed my passcode and dont remeber it how do i fix this
Category: Mac
Expert:  Vinod Menon replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

Sorry to hear that your iphone is disabled...:(

Unfortunately, the only way to get out of it, is to restore the iphone to factory settings.

Open itunes in the computer and connect the iphone. Now, on the iphone, press and hold the power button and the home button together until you see an apple logo. The very moment you see the apple, let go off the power button, but keep on holding the home button for another 10-15 sec.

your computer will now give a message that it has detected an iphone in recovery mode and needs to be restored.

Restore the iphone now and finally select the option "set up as a new iphone".

Let me know if you have any difficulty.

Thank you
Vinod

Remember, if for any reason you’re unsatisfied, we can continue our conversation until you’ve received the information you’re looking for. If I haven’t answered your question, please let me know and I’ll be happy to answer any other follow-up questions you might have.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
its asking for a disc
can you give me that exact error message please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
its now syncing is that correct?
It should be restoring. When you followed that procedure, did you get a message in the computer that "itunes has detected an iphone in recovery mode and needs to be restored"?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
its saying itunes is restoring software on this iphone
Thank You, XXXXX XXXXX wait until the restore completes. After restore, make sure you select the option "set up as a new phone".
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok its over half way
ok..:)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
its now verifying the software
It's doing great until now...:)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
its restoring firmware,is something wrong???
It is going perfectly now. The restore process will update the software and firmware on the phone
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok :)
what is happening now?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
its backing up :)
ok..
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
its unlocked and looking good :))
great to know that...:)

Is there anything else you need help with?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
all fixed,thankyou very much forall your help,you have taught me a thing or two :)
You are welcome!! Have a great day..:)

Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience: worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products