CompExpert
CompExpert, Mac Specialist
Experience:  Apple Desktop/Laptops with 8 years exp. Apple Certified
63903440

How do I get my DNS 2 number?

Customer Question

How do I get my DNS 2 number?
Category: Mac
Expert:  CompExpert replied 2 years ago.

CompExpert :

hi,

Customer :

Hello

CompExpert :

go to system preferences ---->>> network

CompExpert :

select ethenet

Customer :

alright

CompExpert :

Full Size Image

CompExpert :

it should show you what your dns number is

CompExpert :

just like that picture

Customer :

It does not.

CompExpert :

are you connect with wifi

CompExpert :

then click wifi

Customer :

it says DNS but there is nothing next to it.

Customer :

Yes

CompExpert :

if you connect with wifi

CompExpert :

then select airport

Customer :

I have. I then went to advanced- DNS- and only one number shows up. I cant find the DNS 2

CompExpert :

are you trying to find dns of your isp?

Customer :

yes. I am trying to connect my kindle fire to my wifi.

CompExpert :

who is your isp provider?

Customer :

Anatel

CompExpert :

connect to wifi you dont need dns address

all you need is your wifi network name and password

Customer :

that doesn't work. I get an error message. I am now trying to use static IP

CompExpert :

that wont work, since your wifi router is controlling the wifi

Customer :

ok. so what can I do?

CompExpert :

who setup your wifi?

Customer :

my roommate did. I can connect to it fine on my phone and my laptop. My kindle just wont.

CompExpert :

what error did you get?

Customer :

Error in connection unable to connect. please try again

CompExpert :

because enable to look up for your dns 1 and dns 2 you need to log into your wifi router

CompExpert :

on the network status setting

CompExpert :

it will show it up there

CompExpert :

because internet isp only talk to the wifi router

CompExpert :

the rest are talking care by wifi router

Customer :

thank you for you help but I have tried that as well. I am just going to cut my losses here.

CompExpert :

you're welcome

home wifi network only used 1 DNS and doesnt have secondary dns