CompExpert
CompExpert, Mac Specialist
Experience:  Apple Desktop/Laptops with 8 years exp. Apple Certified

How do i get my ipod to connect to my computer

Category: Mac
Expert:  CompExpert replied 1 year ago.

CompExpert :

hi,
in order to connect your ipod to your computer.

you need itunes software from apple.

itunes software will manage everything from buying app, music, video.

also sync music and picture to any apple devices such as ipod, iphone and ipad

go here download and install it ---->>>> http://www.apple.com/itunes/

now to buy music or app you need to create a Apple ID, Apple ID account will let you buy stuff from itunes store.

go here to create one ---->>>>https://appleid.apple.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MyAppleId.woa/

CompExpert :

you can add music to itunes library by click on File---->> add folder or file to library on the upper menu

CompExpert :

if you have any more question let me know.

if not, please click accept and have a wonderful weekend

Customer:
Customer:

the problem is that I have Itunes and all that other stuff the probelum is that my Ipod wont connect to my computer to resync music I have in Ituns and I don't know what to do?

CompExpert :

was the ipod able to connect to itunes before?

Customer:

yes

CompExpert :

try to connect your ipod to a different usb port

Customer:

tried that to it dident work

CompExpert :

did you try with different usb cable?

CompExpert :

when you connect your ipod to the computer does windows even recognize something been plug in?

Customer:

I did try different usb cabels and no it dosent

CompExpert :

is your ipod currently working?

CompExpert :

or does it show a white screen

CompExpert :

or connect to itunes on screen

Customer:

yes it is its. Just that all my songs got erased by my littel bro by accedent.

CompExpert :

just to test and make sure your ipod and usb cable is working.

find another computer and plug it in

CompExpert :

see if another computer recognize your ipod

Customer:

i tryed that and it worked.

CompExpert :

thats good

CompExpert :

do you have windows or mac?

Customer:

I have a windows7hp and my mom has a mac.

Customer:
CompExpert :

what computer did you mainly connect this ipod to?

Customer:

the windows7hp mine.

CompExpert :

okay, on your windows 7, go to control panel ---->>>programs and features --->>> uninstall a program

CompExpert :

try to uninstall itunes, apple mobile supports, apple application support

CompExpert :

then reboot your computer

CompExpert :

then go here to reinstall itunes again ---->> http://www.apple.com/itunes/

Customer:

wont that erase the music I already have on my Itunes

.

CompExpert :

no

CompExpert :

just itunes software only

Customer:

that didnot work.

CompExpert :

okay

CompExpert :

try this method

CompExpert :

connect your ipod to your computer

CompExpert :

type in devmgmt.msc, click devmgmt, after that device managment window will open.

select portable devices --->>> select apple ipod -->>> right click apple ipod then select update driver software.

select browse my computer for driver, then click next

on search driver box: go to this directory --->>> c:\program files\common files\apple\mobile device support\drivers

windows will detect and install driver

after finished close that window

not open itunes and see if itunes detect your ipod again.

Customer:

ok but where do i type devrngmt.msc?

CompExpert :

click start

CompExpert :

type in the search box

CompExpert :

just type in dev, device manager show up

CompExpert :

click on device manager from search result

Customer:

ok then what

Customer:

no I need your help

CompExpert :

were you able to open device manager?

CompExpert :

in device manager

Customer:

yes

CompExpert :

expand portable devices --->>> select apple ipod -->>> right click apple ipod then select update driver software

CompExpert :

then select browse my computer for driver, then click next

CompExpert :

then click browse, go to this directory >> c:\program files\common files\apple\mobile device support\drivers

CompExpert :

after that click next and let it install the driver

CompExpert :

when done closed all windows

CompExpert :

now open itunes and see if itunes able to detect your ipod

Customer:

thank you so much It works again and I thank you fro helping me out

Customer:
CompExpert :

you're welcome

please click accept and have a great night

CompExpert, Mac Specialist
Experience: Apple Desktop/Laptops with 8 years exp. Apple Certified