John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience:  20+ years in the computer/Mac industry

I have unfortunately deleted my iTunes library. How can I

I have unfortunately deleted my iTunes library. How can I get it back
Category: Mac
Expert:  John T. F. replied 4 years ago.
Hello! My name is XXXXX XXXXX self-employed tech, and I'm offering my time in good faith today to provide advice and information.

Can you tell me how you deleted it?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I deleted some folders not realising that it affected my iTunes files.
I see. ..and you've already emptied the Recycle Bin before realizing it?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
A message came up saying that the file was too large to go through the recycle bin and did I want to delete it. I pressed yes and lost my iTunes library. I didn't realise that my iTunes and the folder was connected.
Okay, thanks.

In this case, anything that you originally ripped from CD's, you would have to do so again.

You can re-download iTunes purchases free of charge, however.

Make sure you have downloaded and installed the latest version of iTunes before attempting this:

Now, open iTunes

Click the "Store" option in the menubar and choose "Authorize this Computer..." and supply the Apple ID and password XXXXX used to purchase/download the lost music and apps.

Next, select the iTunes Store from the sidebar at the left. Sign in with the same Apple ID and Password, if you are not already.

In the iTunes Store, you should see a Quick Links sidebar at the right side of the page. Look for the "Purchased" option and click it.

On the Purchased page, you will see a toggle near the top-right of the page labeled as "All | Not In My Library". Select "Not In My Library".

Under Music, select "All Songs" from the listing at the left and then click "Download All" in the bottom right.

Repeat the above for "TV Shows", "Apps", and "Books"; making the appropriate choices as applicable.

Hopefully, this info will answer your question. If you continue to have questions on this topic, just reply back to this discussion. I will be more than happy to work with you further.

Thanks and good luck,