John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience:  20+ years in the computer/Mac industry

i can not access my itunes account. i havent used my account

i can not access my itunes account. i haven't used my account for like 6months, and forget my password
Category: Mac
Expert:  John T. F. replied 4 years ago.
Hello! My name is XXXXX XXXXX self-employed tech, and I'm offering my time in good faith today to provide advice and information.

I'm not sure which site you used but you should be able to reset your password XXXXX the site:

* IF YOU FORGOT THE APPLE ID ITSELF: If you go to you will see an option on the right side of the page labeled "Forgot your Apple ID?". If you click this, it will ask for some rather simple information that you should know as the owner of the account ( first name, last name, current email address plus the ability to enter additional email addresses if it has changed since you created the Apple ID).

Once you have the Apple ID and have reset the password, test out that it is working properly by signing into the Apple ID management site: (Click "Manage Your Account")

If you have tried resetting your password XXXXX still can not log in, you may have another issue. In this case, you will have to contact Apple via their Express Lane customer service feature to ask them to investigate the reason for your disabled account:

Choose the correct category and issue as prompted by the service above and you will eventually reach a web form where Apple promises to respond within 24 hours.

Please note: I can give advice and information only, not successful access to your account. The responsibility of reactivating your account lays entirely between you and Apple due to security reasons.

Hopefully, this info will answer your question. If you continue to have questions on this topic, just reply back to this discussion. I will be more than happy to work with you further. Thanks and good luck,John