Engineer John C., Computer Engineer & Mac Enthusiast
Experience:  I am Computer Science Engineer CompTIA A+ and Cisco certified and have 10 years of experience fixing Macs
23822421

I have an i mac with Lion. I started working with Apple in

I have an i mac with Lion. I started working with Apple in Dec. 2011 to solve the problem. I continued to have to get help and the following problem was "fixed", but reappeared every few weeks. Now I am out of "warranty" and the problem continues.
When i leave the i mac for awhile & then return, there are grey blobs on the screen. When i move the mouse there is a trail of more grey blobs. I can re-boot to solve the problem, but it then reappears. There are times Safari will not shut down and the computer freezes.
Since I reported this problem prior to it being solved am I still under warranty? How do I solve this problem?
Thanks,
Dr. Claudia
Category: Mac
Expert:  Engineer John C. replied 5 years ago.
Hello, I am Engineer John C., I will be your expert today.

Please follow the steps below to verify your disk and permissions:

1- Open Finder (the first icon on your dock)

2- Double click "Applications" on the left

3- Now double click the "Utilities" folder on the right

4- Double click "Disk Utility" to open it

5- Select "Macintosh HD" on your left, then click "Verify Disk". If the result is NOT OK,
click "Repair Disk"

6- Click "Verify Disk Permissions". If the result is NOT OK, click "Repair Disk Permissions"

7- Restart your Mac

Does it work fine now? Please let me know if the issue is not solved clicking the "Reply to your expert" gray button, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Thank you

John C.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It shows that it will need 3 hours to do the repair. How do I re-contact you if the problem re-occurs ?

Just come back to www.justanswer.com and click "My Questions" on the upper right.

Please don't forget to click the green button below.

Thank you

John C.